n00b Skating Pic Attempts (56k GTFO)

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Id love to be a good photographer, but im not lol, but im trying to learn. i have access to a D40x, so i fiddle with the settings, learn to time my shots, setup poses, and tried to see what worked. Thats my little brother btw. i still skate, just not hard anymore. broken ankle in two places off a handrail. i stick too mini-pipe now :lol:

NINJA KICK BITCHES! hella awesome

All tricks shot were LANDED. I dont keep no-goers.

Figured id sneak this in here :lol:

ryanM

you look 12

shots are pretty good.

not feeling those pants at all though.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you look 12

shots are pretty good.

not feeling those pants at all though.
...im not in the pictures...?

lol, thats my brother, hes 14. 12 is close though...and yea the pants make him look like fag

ryanM

...im not in the pictures...?

lol, thats my brother, hes 14. 12 is close though...and yea the pants make him look like fag
ohhhhh, i thought that was supposed to be you.

gotcha.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nah, maybe 2 years ago...not no more :(

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
every time he messes up, smack him up. that'll learn him

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ninja kick, lol. is that what little kids calls those these days?
last time i did one(last contest i was in) it was called an ollie north.
just messin man, nice pictures, my brother shoots for transworld, and he always told me, alot of people that shoot snowboarding/skateboarding etc, arent really good at hitting the shutter at the right time. but you did a decent job......and yes, tell your brother to ditch those pants...lol

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'd say go for a faster shutter speed next time? I'm a noob with cameras as well.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I had it on the ACTION setting, but i couldnt seem to get the shutter speed to change through the main menu.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Face closeup looks really good. Watch your exposure on shots where it's dark in one section and super light in another. If you can, edit your shadows almost all the way up on those kind of shots then there's not so much contrast between the dark/light. I remember skate boarding back in grade 7, I can't stand it now though, I hate sweating that much.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hahah, i beat that poor kid constantly. We've both practiced Judo and wrestled for years, so hes my training dummy. i watch him get into a fight at the skatepark with a 16yr when he was 13, and he beat his ass. i coulndt have been prouder :lol: kid was a little prick pickin on the fat kids, so he stepped up. i stood back and watched.

if i beat him, he just hits me back. then its WWIII

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'd use a wider aperture (smaller F stop number) so you can get a faster shutter speed in, so no motion blurr. this could also be accomplished by raising your iso (but at the sacrifice for noise). don't be afraid to take it off auto mode sometime ;)

i don't have a dslr (wish i did), but when i get to mess around with my friends i like to use the aperture priority mode, its fun to mess around with depth of field sometime i guess.