Nathan's EE4

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
head off:

reeeeaallly ugly valves:

ugly pistons:

clean cylinder walls:

took the head to the shop with the rebuild kit. probably gonna have a valve job done. hear back tomorrow on the condition of the head and I resurface the block.

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
got the call today about the head, needs a valve job. $360 for all the headwork. considering I make $100 a week and i've been n saving for like two months to afford this and was planning to spend $150, this is gonna suck

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
thanks man. I had 80 bucks in my paypal i didnt know about so that will help.

and started my work on the block today

getting there:

looking pretty good:

tomorrow comes the 400 grit on the 2x4 to flatten it out. also gonna take a straight edge and feeler gauge and see if its flat. if its not, idk what i'll do. probably just do my best to sand it flat.

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
my work on thursday:

it then started to rain. hard. so i got in my truck and got the call from the machine shop saying the head wouldnt be ready till friday so i packed up and went home.

friday, i filled the tranny with honda MTF:

and thats all i could do. picked up the head around 7 that night. found out that there was a sizeable chunk missing from one valve and thats what was causing most of my problems.

started putting it back together on saturday.

dad working on car:

finished up around 5ish:

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
found out my ground control sleeves were for stock struts sooo I found 89-91 style stock rear struts, purchased BWR rear lca's and I'm going to order all new rear hardware. Looking to drop it before the end of april. Also planning to pick a drivers side mirror to mutilate and make a block off plate out of. Hopefully a decent suspension build and the fender mirrors will be on before ECHM

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
so on saturday the 28th, with the help of m,y friend Trey, I got the wagon slammed. Stock struts, Ground Control Springs (didnt even put the adjusters on so I could get maximum low), and BLOX rear lca's

Decipher

Registered VIP
haha! Awesome. You going to be at the ECHM or the MegaMeet at PTuning this month? I'm hoping to see some CC familiars out there.

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
well its been a few weeks since my last post. after slamming the wagon, i started on finals for this past semster. weekend before all my crap was due I got a CEL on a way to a hooka bar to chill after a long day of work. well bad things happen in threes right? well finished up my finals on tuesday, packed and was getting ready to leave school. had to drop off a book on the opposite side of campus and parked in a parking garage. forgot my bike was on top.... had no problems getting in but this happened when I left:

strike 2!

then this past saturday, I was on my way to NOVA for a meeting for some graphic design work and got lost in suburbia trying to find my way to the highway. drove down this 2 lane wide road (each side) for a couple miles. no stop signs, lights, nothing. decided to turn around. sure enough coming back the opposite way was ONE stop sign, hidden in a bush, two lanes over. saw it at the last second, tried to stop, but skid into someone turning. did NO damage to their 92 camry but was strike 3 for the wago:

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
got a new bumper and decided to cut out the grill and shave the license plate bolt holes. gonna cut down the old one and make a lip. still need a new drivers side mirror (unless I JB weld the tab back together) and the metal piece that sits behind the bumper. junkyard tomorrow. also got a drivers side mirror to cut down into a block off plate. progress pics from yesterday and today:

nathan_carmona

Registered VIP
it happens. luckily I got the funds to fix everything. money will be tight for a few paychecks, but i'll get by.