NE1 swapped B into 6th gen sedan?

Redbone

Movin on up...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am planning on doing this soon and wondered if ne1 had done it already and could tell me if there is really ne difference in puttin one into the sedan. Just really ready to go the track with a B hidden inside and whoop some SOHC butt with a 4 door. I already took off all the emblems except for the one H on the trunk. Trying to build a sleeper sedan!

Redbone

Movin on up...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's a pic of my current engine bay. Bleh! D16Y8

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Search Lestah in teh members list..

Redbone

Movin on up...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
racecarl said:
i did it too... worth every penny...
Damn dude! Looks like you've got even more space in that bay than I do in my EX! LOL! Looks like no A/C though so that's probably why. How do you like the difference with a B16 in the sedan? Can you haul serious balls now that you have 160+hp?

racecarl

world war wilson
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Redbone said:
Damn dude! Looks like you've got even more space in that bay than I do in my EX! LOL! Looks like no A/C though so that's probably why. How do you like the difference with a B16 in the sedan? Can you haul serious balls now that you have 160+hp?
well, when you take the wet 75 shot and i/h/e into account, i gues you could say it tears ass... and yeah, the room is attributed to no a/c and no power steering. you don't need either in minnesota anyway.

Redbone

Movin on up...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LMAO! You need both of those out here cause of the hot weather and the fact that every1 drives like an ass so you have to swerve a lot. I can't wait! :twisted:

child_racer

Jspek kid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
B-series is always worth the money......................but beware of the SOHC-T,......trust me, they're out there!

Redbone

Movin on up...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't worry bout that racer. I am planning on boosting the B later on! Mwah hahahaha!!

child_racer

Jspek kid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Redbone said:
Don't worry bout that racer. I am planning on boosting the B later on! Mwah hahahaha!!
:shock: B-series W/boost...........there's nothin' sweeter.

Redbone

Movin on up...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Especially in a sedan! LOL! I want the ultimate sleeper, although I don't think ne1 will believe me when I say it's just an exhaust leak not a BOV. Maybe I should tell them it's just the intake making that sound so they don't know for sure. LMFAO!

01S2K

VTEC Worshipper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
B owns nuff said.

At least till the Special K becomes cheaper

Nothing like the sound of winding a engine to 8000 RPM in every gear.

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2KSIR said:
B owns nuff said.

Nothing like the sound of winding a engine to 8000 RPM in every gear.
Amen to that! That's my tach in my avatar.

01S2K

VTEC Worshipper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yah Since I have a SiR My Redline Starts at 8.

When you drive her hard though you dip into the red because the fuel cutoff / revlimiter is around 8300 or so.

Which makes has always made me curious because you would think it would be at redline.

I guess stock tachs are not that accurate up at that RPM.

Also I have seen a JDM CTR Tach and the red doesn't start on it till around 8500. Maybe they just started it at 8000 in the USDM to discourage people from Revving the engine too high or maybe the CTR has a higher redline.

child_racer

Jspek kid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CTR redline at 9000 with a rev limiter of 9200...........I've heard that the B18C (teggy type R) doesn't have a rev limiter but im not too sure about that one

Redbone

Movin on up...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if only I had the money for a CTR motor... *sung to the wizard of oz song* LMFAO!

KennyC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
child_racer said:
CTR redline at 9000 with a rev limiter of 9200...........I've heard that the B18C (teggy type R) doesn't have a rev limiter but im not too sure about that one
itr has a redline. same as ctr i think.

KennyC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Redbone said:
if only I had the money for a CTR motor... *sung to the wizard of oz song* LMFAO!
ctr motor is waaaay over priced/ b better of with a gs-r for a lil bit less.