Need a little help

Dizzyzomby

I have a 2000 honda civic Ex, and I just recently found that my dash lights went out, my radio still works the lights on it still works, the dimmer switch is all the way up. Last I checked the fuses were all good. But I cant seem to figure it out

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your dash light, what exactly does that mean?

Dizzyzomby

I figured it out, I meant my cluster, so I can see my speedometer. I had to pop it out and figure it out from there, thank you though.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I figured it out, I meant my cluster, so I can see my speedometer. I had to pop it out and figure it out from there, thank you though.
So what was it?
It helps to share, since someone else may run into this issue.

Jay dog

So what was it?
It helps to share, since someone else may run into this issue.
I know that your clusters lights go out if you unplug your dimmer switch.
I found this out 1 day when removing my air vents to clean them in my 96 honda civic dx.

I just remembered that in my first honda civic.
It was a 95 dx coupe and the cluster lights would come off and on and if I pushed in on the dimmer switch area with a open hand it would help the lights stay on. I thought it had a short in it so eventually after weeks of doing this my cluster lights shut off for good. The car had over 230,000 miles on it and so I decided to just jumped the dimmer switch with a safety clip. And now when you turn on the car it’s always on. But you can’t tell until it’s night.