Need cheap parts: clutch and flywheel

viperlabs

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay people - where can I get a cheap clutch that is still a little better than stock and engages smoothly. I don't need a monster clutch as I don't intend on having a 300+ hp civic for the life of this clutch.

I would also like to know where I can get a cheap flywheel. I'm not looking for a lightened flywheel, as I hear they will make the clutch engage more harshly. These can be resurfaced, can't they? Maybe I should just do that...any ever have that done and would know the cost?

Thanks!

V8EATER

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I KNOW THIS MACHINE PLACE BY MY AREA WHERE I GOT MY FLYWHEEL RESURFACED FOR ONLY $50 SO IT'S WORTH IT, IF YOU DONT WANT TO SPEND $300- $400 FOR A LIGHTENED ONE. SO EXPECT $50-$100

13hybrid20

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
clutch masters makes a light weight fly wheel for $200. For the money you want to spend I would get a type R clutch and an ACT pressure plate.

ReVtecSi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ACT makes a chromoly flywheel in 2 different weights....one is 8lbs and one is 12lbs....I think they run $250

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you can't find a good aftermarket one, and want to go back to OEM, try:

www.thepartsbin.com

viperlabs

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks!

Thanks for the information! I am planning on going to the first car show of the year in Philly on March 15 where I will see what I can get for a good price. If nothing turns up there, I certainly have a couple of good suggestions to go on =)