Need help bad! o2 sensor issues

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey guys my CEL light came on and showed this code:

41 Primary oxygen sensor heater

I replaced my oxygen sensor and the CEL came on again with that code. is the o2 sensor I bought faulty? it was a cheaper brand... or would it have something to do with the wiring to the sensor. I also noticed that there are these codes:

1 O2A - Oxygen sensor #1
61 Primary oxygen sensor

so does code 41 necessarily mean it's the o2 sensor that's faulty or is it something else? I imagine that if it was the o2 sensor that was messed up it would show either code 1 or 61. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did you do an ecu reset? I always buy oem parts when it comes to o2 sensors and I recommend it. Did you have to cut and splice the wires?

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah I reset the ecu in every possible way. disconnected back up fuse, disconnected battery, had advance auto clear it, etc. No I didn't have to do any splicing or cutting. it was a direct fit o2 sensor, exactly like the old one. The old one didn't look like it was in bad condition either. so I dont know if the actual o2 sensor is the problem. I've heard it could be the wiring that the o2 sensor plugs into