need help! car wont start! tried EVERYTHING

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok, background history is i just swapped a jdm d16z6 into my 00 civic ex coupe. car wont start. its got fuel and compression ,just not sparking. i tried a different ecu and dizzy, no luck. i tried taking all my grounds off, sanding down the contact points and putting them back on, no luck. i checked all the fuses, they're all good. i've also tried a different battery, no luck. the engine is turning like it wants to start it just isn't sparking.

i jumped the service connector to see what codes it could be throwing, but instead of the cel flashing the codes to me it just stayed a solid light, wtf.

i used a rywire obd2-obd1 ecu and obd2-obd1 dizzy conversion harness. now im suspecting they maybe pinned something wrong when they made either of those? i need ideas!!! please help!!

SiBlue_EK

save the SOHC
5+ Year Member
is it cranking, did u check your dizzy, sparks, and plugs??

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dizzy is fine, plugs should be fine, the engine ran in a diff car the day before it was pulled. the fact the jumper trick isn't showing me any codes has me suspecting something else more than just plugs, like the ecu jumper harness or the dizzy jumper harness or something.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you sure you have a obd2b to obd1 conversion harness and not a obd2a to obd1 harness?

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well it plugs into my harness fine so im assuming yes :what:

aren't the connectors different on obd2a and obd2b?

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cap tight? rotor correct? what about checking your harnesses to see if there are swapped wires... it happens

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im now leaning more towards maybe rywire messed up when they made either of the conversion harnesses and maybe pinned something wrong. im gonna try to find another harness to test.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no, obd2a and b don't have different connectors.

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well the harness is out of a 2000 civc si as i was told from the shop i bought it from, that is obd2b correct? (i thought it was)