Need help deciding on Lowering Springs

Mr2Civic817

Alright guys I Have Eibach Pro kit installed in my 4dr Ex, I'm very happy with the performance, under cornering and loads, but I'm looking for a more aggressive stance. Lets Say 2-2.25 inch drop is what I'm looking for. Its been a very long time since I have been in the honda game, This car is my Daily beater, but I want to have fun with it.

Current Suspension set up is Eibach Pro kit springs (From an integra a friend gave me) on Tokico Blues.

Please no smart a$$ comments, Thanks ladies and Gents

Last edited:

DTvn

Skunk 2 springs are a 2.2" front 2" rear drop

DTvn

Well definitely stiffer than stock, your tokico blues probably won't last too long either.

I've never had them so I won't say too much but they're a pretty popular drop so i'm sure someone else has experience with it

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright guys I Have Eibach Pro kit installed in my 4dr Ex, I'm very happy with the performance, under cornering and loads, but I'm looking for a more aggressive stance. Lets Say 2-2.25 inch drop is what I'm looking for. Its been a very long time since I have been in the honda game, This car is my Daily beater, but I want to have fun with it.

Current Suspension set up is Eibach Pro kit springs (From an integra a friend gave me) on Tokico Blues.

Please no smart a$$ comments, Thanks ladies and Gents
To make a car look aggressive, it has to do with more than just lowering the height. Keep that in mind. I have seen many lower civics, really lowered.. what they like to refer to as by "slammed" and or "dumped" , and those cars hardly looked aggressive to me.

H&R lowering springs :thumbup:

Mr2Civic817

I guess more of a mellow Drop then, I have Fat 5 Gsr wheels, on 195-55r15 tires I want the drop to be right where the tire meets the fender, not tucking, or Hella flushed, or dumped... Maybe Slammed?

I also checked out H&R sport 1,2, race 1, and 2. I'm looking for feedback before I decide, thinking of getting new shocks now also

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You'll definitely want new shocks if you want to go lower. Any spring that gets you lower will have a higher spring rate which if you stay on the Tokico's, they will be under damped which will likely result in a bouncy and uncomfortable ride. Tokico HP's are simply OE replacements, nothing performance oriented about them.

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
You'll definitely want new shocks if you want to go lower. Any spring that gets you lower will have a higher spring rate which if you stay on the Tokico's, they will be under damped which will likely result in a bouncy and uncomfortable ride. Tokico HP's are simply OE replacements, nothing performance oriented about them.
^ that.

For shocks, look into Koni Yellows, Tokico Illuminas, and KYB AGX. They would all be able to handle a stiffer spring rate.
Personally, I'd go with the Koni's (I own a set). they are great shocks. Lifetime warranty, and definitely able to handle stiff spring rate.

And for springs that go that low, besides Skunk2, I believe Neuspeed Race springs drop the car a 2.2ish inches. But honestly, with the money you will be spending on new springs, you might as well drop an extra $70ish dollars and grab some Ground Control coilover springs to go with the Koni Yellows. Then you can adjust them exactly to your liking. This is my setup, and I couldn't be happier with it.

Mr2Civic817

thanks for the postive input guys, I didnt Tokico were just standard OE replacements, learn something new everyday, I guess for shocks I will going for KYB then, I was never a fan of coil overs, a bunch of my friends told me from there personal experience they ride like crap. I'm gonna stick to a lowering spring set up.

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
What kind of coilovers did they have? I'm on Koni/GC and can't say anything bad about it. Rides absolutely great. A proper coilover setup will ride great, a cheap ebay setup will not.

Mr2Civic817

it was ground control, but the info they told me was 10 years ago, when we all first started fixing up cars , I opted out and got tokico blues and ST, and it was a bumpy ride

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Chances are they weren't running a good enough shock with the GCs. The shocks make or brake a setup.....improperly paired shocks will not ride well.

But Neuspeed Race springs and Yellows or Illuminas would be a pretty good setup. But look into Koni/GC more......the standard spring rates will be a bit softer than Neuspeed or Skunk2 springs, which will make them more comfortable. I've ridden in a Civic with the standard GC springs (mine are stiffer), and if I could describe it, i would say it is as close to stock comfort as you can get from an aftermarket setup. But on turns it handles so much better. There is a reason this is one of the most popular setups out there.

Mr2Civic817

I see, thank you for he price and to be able to adjust it how high or low I want it make it very approachable.

Thanks man I'm prob gonna do more research on GC and some Koni, AGX, or Illum shocks now

ej8_st

Tokico Blues can only handle a 1.75" drop max, I made the mistake of buying them now I'm busting my a$$ off just to get better shocks while throwing away all the money i spent on them.

Mr2Civic817

so far with everyones input Tokico blues are just OEM replacemnt, I lowered my car with Eibachs prokit integra springs, so I am assuming I have a 1 inch drop.

I have decided on AGX's and GC but DOnt really car for the adjustability, so Just looking for some 2.5 inch lowering springs, that have a decent ride.

I will be rolling on 15's Fat 5 GSR with Road hugger tires all around, and my Alternative swet wheels are, 16's 16x7 old school Konig Villan wheels with Brand new Bridgestone potenza tires RE760s