need help doing a turbo kit on a 95 civic

BuddhaStyle

hay guys i need help on my 95 4dr civic dx. well i just bought a brand new turbo kit from ebay and it just came in this morning. i want to slap it on but the only thing that hold me back is the car its an automatic with a B18 LS motor. i just want to know if it had been done before and is it hard to do let me know before i do something wrong?

emerican

Registered VIP
FIrst almost always the ebay turbo kits are shitty
Second the fact that its an auto means that it will be very ahrd to tune because the ecu also is controlling the shifting and then it has to be tuned for the turbo kit
WHat supporting mods do you have for it
What do you plan to tune the car with? who is tunning it?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Tuning is THE most important part of the whole turbo setup. Without a tune, you WILL blow the motor, and quickly. Motor needs to be tuned to control air fuel ratio at least... without that you're going to run lean and blow s**t up.

As previously stated, it is going to be very tough to tune, especially since it's an automatic. Not only that but automatic transmissions are very weak to FA (at least on a Honda).

First think before making any purchase - is to research. Then set a budget & power goal. Figure out everything you need to reach that power goal RELIABLY while staying in budget (not always easy). On average, I would say a good tune costs around $500, including chipped ECU or (not recommended) piggyback systems.

Good luck with everything, but PLEASE get a good tune.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Swap out the tranny get a new ecu with some type of good software then tune it. You might want to get turbo fixed up before it falls apart on you as well.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so you bought the kit and then started the research/having the doubts?

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wonder if he bought a turbo kit for the D series which the car should have come with, or for the correct motor. hmmm

CivicxTree754

Registered VIP
Good luck....there are some options for an auto like better torque converters, and valve body updgrades but best bet is swap to manual and new clutch and you'd be good for a modest power goal.