Need help! no info on google,Can someone tell me if the D16A block has a knock sensor

johnmota93

Hi i have d16A block and my car is a 97 y8 build with p2p ecu,, i have c.e.l p0325 knock sensor i see the cable dangling under my intake manifold but dont know where to connect it??

Ive been going crazy on google trying to find where it goes on a d16A but i only find info on where it goes on my build d16y8 ..

i see some people say d16A is obd1 and dosent have a knock sensor ?? but im not sure

I hope someone has some experience with this issue im going crazy thanks

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm pretty sure that it was only the OBD2 SOHC VTEC motors (D16Y8) that came with a knock sensor. If your block isn't OBD2 then I don't think it's going to have it. The port should be on the intake side of the block under the intake manifold but it doesn't sound like you have one which would explain the code.

johnmota93

Right thats what i was thinking and since i have the p2p (y8) ecu its giving me the code cuz its trying to read it ok thanks man just needed to confirm it ..

by the way do you know if the d16y7 has the knock sensor , so if the p2e would try reading that code like the p2p?

I'm pretty sure that it was only the OBD2 SOHC VTEC motors (D16Y8) that came with a knock sensor. If your block isn't OBD2 then I don't think it's going to have it. The port should be on the intake side of the block under the intake manifold but it doesn't sound like you have one which would explain the code.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Y7 does not have a knock sensor but it does have a place for one, you could try the ECU for a Y7 but you're not going to have VTEC.

johnmota93

yea ok i know my bro has a lx civic with a p2e so i was just asking for him ,, hell na i know im getting a p28 obd 1 to take off that c.e.l..

by the way do you know about chipping the ecu?

i wanna get mine chipped but had questions as to performance consequences and blowing my engine lol

cuz i talked to some guy that does it through here and he said he can do anything bypass c.e.l and change the ecu limits like he said he can eliminate the speed limiter ( do you know how fast is the limiter 125 mph or what ? not sure) but i dont know if that affects the car in any way i dont think so

another thing which is what i intend to chip it for is that he can adjust when the v-tec kicks in and the rev limiter but again i dont know if itll mess up my car man obviously if i ask him hell just tell me no so he can make his money but id rather find out from experience here on the forums , ima create a new thread but i just wanted to ask you

i was thinking about customizing it so that v-tec kicks in at like 4,500 rpm and the rev limiter raise the redline to aboout 8,500rpm or so but i dont know if my engine could handle that or if it would blow out or if i raise the rpms i lose accelration on lower rpms i dont think so but im just so confused i wanna hear from someone that has experience so i dont blow my engine..

either way thanks for all your help bro