need help to choose new motor

jordan101

i got a quote from a company that sells jdm motors i asked for the b18b and they recommended the b20b because its more popular in japan. I then told then i wanted the b18b bc i was planning on a doing a swap in my civic and they said they discourage people to do the swap bc in japan they dont use obd1 and obd2. They said its risky. What do you guys think? if i do get a b20b that came froom japan what will i need to do to make sure its running obd1 since it is going in a 93 civic.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have an obd-1 jdm ecu.....and this seller says they dont use obd-1. I wouldn't be doing business with him IMO.

Nothing wrong with using either of those two motors...when you swap it in, you'll use your original engine harness and the matching ecu for the motor. plain and simple

jordan101

thats what i figured but when i get told by the company in japan they dont use obd1 or 2 i was like wtf. so i guess i wont use them and just stick with the b18. I would like the b20 but i would have to convert it over to obd1. Change the ecu alternator,dizzy and intake mani

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
dont deal with that place they sound dumb as f**k

b20b (96/97) you need to convert to OBD1 and use an LS intake manifold and 94-01 integra drivers side engine mount (the one on the block not chassis mount