Need help with a d16y7 build

Shcgood

I got my first car this year, is a pop 99 ek pretty excited. It’s completely stock except some header and an exhaust the previous owner threw on it. I’ve been in school for auto mechanics for three years now and I feel I have a very good understanding of cars, but I’m wanting to learn more about FI systems and put one on my y7.
I don’t want to swap out the engine, the y7 in the car is in very good condition. but I do want a reliable turbo and better internals to handle the boost. Money isn’t a huge factor for me, just want reliable parts so I can do the job right.
I’m pretty clear on what I need to do, I’m just having a hard time finding parts. When I try to look up kits it just brings me to some eBay bs. If I want a reliable system will I have to find individual parts for the whole fi system or are there trusted kits out there for y7’s?
i also would love some brands to look for, or even exact products of rods and pistons and all the things I need to build the engine for boost.

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Go Autoworks has a great d series turbo kit. You will need to change your intake manifold to a y8 intake manifold to get the best results. Also as far as internals all the name brand companies will work. Just do some research. The vitara pistons with some p2p0 rods will be a decent combo. dont really need to do much to the head to see around 400hp. If you would like to surpass that then i would recommend purchasing pistons and rods, a head package and sending the motor out to css and have them blue print it and balance with their signature press in for the cylinder support