need help with foglight wiring..

stevelobo

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i wired them up to the best of my ability..came with no directions..cheap ebay fogs i know theres plenty of forums but i just want some personal opinions.. the brown 1 pin connector is spliced to the blue wire behind the windshield washer reservoir.. i read that alot of people splice the wires into the fuse box.. how do i do this..?? any suggestions appreciated..

(++ the white, red and black wires shown in the picture are connected to the plug that plugs into the foglight switch)

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This is why I don't buy cheap eBay crap. Honda OEM fog lights are only ~$135 shipped and everything is so easy to install. The plug is there in the engine bay to plug the harness into. Same goes with inside the car.

I would honestly recommending sell those and buying Honda OEM ones. You won't regret it.

civic209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
splice wires into connector? :shock:
far as i know you just connect to battery and ground and a fuse there and pass through the firewall for the switch and thats it...

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no thread jack intended but where exactly could i buy some oem foglights and where is the stock plug that they plug into do all the civics have a stock plug?

stevelobo

no thread jack intended but where exactly could i buy some oem foglights and where is the stock plug that they plug into do all the civics have a stock plug?
its all good bro.. i would like to know the answer to that as well..
where can i buy real OEM foggies??

stevelobo

splice wires into connector? :shock:
far as i know you just connect to battery and ground and a fuse there and pass through the firewall for the switch and thats it...
yeah thats what i thought but apparently the ebay harness is alot different than the oem

civic209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no i got an ebay harness and thats how mine was :what: what year civic do you have?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn that was very helpful man..you couldn't have broken it down easier...that makes perfect sense I'm going to rewire tonight to the female plug under the dash.. Ill post back up laterr let ya kno results.thanks a lot man
np man it better help cause i spent a long ass time digging that thread up lol. good luck

stevelobo

Damn that was very helpful man..you couldn't have broken it down easier...that makes perfect sense I'm going to rewire tonight to the female plug under the dash.. Ill post back up laterr let ya kno results.thanks a lot man
I did what you said in the link to the forum..I ran the one pin connector threw the firewall and sure enough there was 3 female plugs right on the fuse box above all the fuses. Plugged it into the first slot and bingo!!.. Foggies turn on when I press the button., I was so happy they dident stay on with parking lights.. Thanks again for the input Jersey!!