need help with my 01 ex

Ashish100

5+ Year Member
i bought the car like 6 months ago... (my first car)
its got a shitty muffler with no silencer (sounds like s**t after 4000rpm!!) and a shot ram intake.
it hasn't been lowered or anything...
the only thing i did to it was i got new tsw rims coz i scratched my old enkei rims really bad..
and i did my black light housing.. but my headlights are all foggy so it looks shitty..
and its got a lotta hail damage and a few dents....

so i just wanna know wats the best thing i can do with my car with a budget of $600 or something i can save up for...

Civic_Addict

Civic_Addict
5+ Year Member
for the headlights Blue Magic plastic cleaner! The best and it takes the yellow haze right off. You might need 2000 grit sand paper, but it does the trick. You can find Blue Magic at autozone or anyplace like that. And the hail damage well may God be with you! nice to know its your first. This is my first too. got any pics?

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I'm sure it's not haze, you probably didn't seal them correctly and moisture formed inside. Your best bet is to take them apart again and clean them out, then seal them correctly. Post some pics of your car, but from what it seems like, I'd save a little more and lower your car.

Civic_Addict

Civic_Addict
5+ Year Member
I'd take that "shitty muffler" off by the way. You wouldnt want to sound like a ricer.

khoakers

Ugly Asian Bastard
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
with 600 dollars, you could get your car a real nice suspension set up. don't bother with engine mods short of getting a turbo..

Ashish100

5+ Year Member
damn, i need to get a better job !! (bagger at tom thumb : )

how long would it last me if i lowered my car using just the coilover kit without getting new shocks..?? or is that a dumb thing to do??

i'll take new pics after i get my tint redone.. hopefully sometime this week..
those bitches today were asking me $75 just take off the old tint... so now i'm going to a place where my friend got his tint done..

Tkdtim1226

5+ Year Member
I thought you did not need to buy new shocks with coilovers. I thought they came as one complete unit that you just swap into place. Do you mean just springs and not new shocks?

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Coilovers - Spring & Shock together

Coilover sleeve - no shock included (usally adjustable)

Shocks and springs - two seperate things brought together

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn, i need to get a better job !! (bagger at tom thumb : )

how long would it last me if i lowered my car using just the coilover kit without getting new shocks..?? or is that a dumb thing to do??

i'll take new pics after i get my tint redone.. hopefully sometime this week..
those bitches today were asking me $75 just take off the old tint... so now i'm going to a place where my friend got his tint done..
If you get coilovers then you won't need shocks because they come together as the other guy posted. But if your talking about sleeveovers, like skunk2 or ground controls, then yes you will need new struts.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
new headlights off ebay or used for around $100, get a catback exhaust for 300-400, and a better intake for $100

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this is what id do
intake, catback exhaust, lip, then start saving for suspension if your lookign for a drop if not then stereo s**t would be next

thats my opinion for what its worth

Ashish100

5+ Year Member
i like wat gearbox said..
i'll probably get the headlights and the fog lights...
and a new grill... mine looks more like chicken wire right now..

and i'll try to get it lowered hopefully during the school year..