Need help with my drop

davenick20

Hey guys,

This is my first post on CC and I wanted to use this to ask a pressing question.
I am thinking about dropping my 7th gen Civic and was thinking about dropping 1.5" and running a set of 15" with 195x55x15 as a tire size.
What are your thoughts???

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Sounds good. Most of the time tire and wheel size are a preference to the owner, so imo anything 15"-maybe 17" is a good size. And a 1.5" drop won't be super low, but gives a good drop without risking beating up your exhaust or front bumper. And welcome to CC!

davenick20

Could I go 1.8" without rubbing on the tires and exhaust and bumper. I also have a front lip on the way...

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
I would say that anything over 2"-2.5" is when u have to start doing more adjustments, so 1.8" is about borderline. You'll be good as far as exhaust, etc.

L3IX

i dropped my hatch 1.7'' and i run a 195/50r15 works good til you get some big friends in it... lol

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hey guys,

This is my first post on CC and I wanted to use this to ask a pressing question.
I am thinking about dropping my 7th gen Civic and was thinking about dropping 1.5" and running a set of 15" with 195x55x15 as a tire size.
What are your thoughts???

I think 16's will look better, especially on a 7th gen. I'm more knowledgeable with 6th gen's so I'm not sure what tire size will keep your speedo as accurate as possible. I'm thinking 205/50 or 205/55.

You shouldn't have any issues dropping 1.5" on 16's. I'm lowered 2-2.5" on 16x7's on my 99 civic and I only rub when my wheel is at full lock or if I have too much weight in the car.

davenick20

Thanks you guys! What should I run if i decide 16x7.5? Any preference on what type of springs? Im thinking about Tanabe.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks you guys! What should I run if i decide 16x7.5? Any preference on what type of springs? Im thinking about Tanabe.
I would go 215 for a 7.5" tire. I have 205's on my 7" wide wheels and I wish they were slightly bigger. If you go 215's, 215/45 would be closest to OEM size as possible.

One thing I tell everyone: do not cheap out on suspension. You will regret it down the road. Get some nice shocks if you're going to lower. Or you can go full coilovers. And no they're not that expensive. Progress CS-II's are around 600 and F&F Type I's are like 100 more. They are very popular low budget coilovers that still perform very well. I hear you shouldn't go low low on the Progress ones though.