Need help with my homework!

musezik

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well my english teacher gave me a homework to do but I jus came back from a basketball game. I was just wondering if cc could help a brother out. Here goes the question. Thanks a bunch!

The writer of diary 36 of The Freedom Writers Diary,asks "Why should I read books about people that don't look like me? People that I don't even know and that I'm not going to understand because they don't understand me!" How would you answer this student's question if you were his/her teacher? Why is it important to read books about different people? What did the Freedom Writers learn from reading Anne Frank's and Zlata's diary

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Looks like someone should have stayed home from the basketball game.............

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
with a question like that....

quit school?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is what makes me glad to be an engineering major.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've heard of Freedom Writers and Anne Frank's Diaries but not Zlata... And based on Anne Frank's Diary and the experiences she went through and what the diary was about....

I'd say reading something like the diary would open up your view on the world. Open up the way you perceive other people in other worlds, no matter what race they are. That everyone goes through hardships and struggles, no matter if you're rich or poor. Also that we have to stop being ethnocentric. There are different people in this world. We are not better than anyone else no matter what you do to believe otherwise. And that reading books about other people let you realize s**t goes on outside the U.S. We're not the only one's who struggle.

I just bs'd that fast. But you get the idea.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm assuming you (the OP) didn't read Anne Frank's Diary? Or learn about Freedom Writers? Because that question is pretty damn easy :lol:.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can learn something from everybody.

musezik

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, I read Anne Frank's Diary. Its just that we are on the second day of reading Freedom Writers and she already gives us this thing called CABS I don't what it means but it follows me till I graduate and she only gave the class a whole day to do it. So thats why I ask you people to help me out.

Timmy_B

civic in progress
5+ Year Member
just say something like::

reading books/diaries about other people give us the insight to the lives around us. the different situations and environments that people encounter day-in-day out.. Each person has a unigue story to tell, a story that could end in heart break, happiness, mis-fourtuine, death or even herotic events..
The world is made up of all different types of people from all different backgrounds, religions, families and environments. To read about these is to become involved in the world around you..

or some s**t like that if it even makes sence, sorry for any typeos : )

00civicsiturbo

addicted to Boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
f**k high school.
I didn't study for any test's and still got a 3.3 gpa
wait till you get to college homie. That question will be the same but at the end, it will say "answer this in 4-5 pages, double-spaced, 1 in margins, 10-12 point ft.....ha"

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
4-5 pages? Psh lol...

musezik

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hope I make it to college so I can play college basketball or football even though its not easy but I'll give it my hardest. Then I'll buy anything for CC!:D:lol: Plus I thought they make you do like 20 pages.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hope I make it to college so I can play college basketball or football even though its not easy but I'll give it my hardest. Then I'll buy anything for CC!:D:lol: Plus I thought they make you do like 20 pages.

yeah because thats the important part of college... :roll:

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Sounds like your building some solid study habits...

00civicsiturbo

addicted to Boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
20 pages! lol probably not; well, unless you get into higher level writing classes. The most I’ve ever written is 12 pages for micro econ. But, I had 2 other group members so... lol By myself, the longest paper probably has been 7 pages for psychology. but, its stuff I enjoy so...
For my PhD, I'll have to write a thesis paper that should be around 100 pages. can't wait for that:oops: