Need help z6 swap into 88

88fourdoor

This is my first motor swap i havE some help to do it. From what im told this motor will bolt up pErfectly all i need is a jumper harness is this true and is there any guide to doin this swap or anything special i need to do pls help me out here guys thank you

jlicrx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
to make it easy, purchase a Boomslang DPFI OBD0 to OBD1 conversion harness and follow their instructions, using your D15B2 engine wiring harness - the conversion harness has all of the necessary wiring to not only convert from OBD0 to OBD1, but will also convert it from DPFI to MPFI and has connections for the VTEC and 4-wire O2 sensor - http://www.boomslang.us/obd0to1.htm

a few other things that you will need to do:

1. remove the driver's side engine mount from the end of your D15B2 block and swap it onto the D16Z6 block.

2. the D16Z6 has the cooling fan switch on the thermostat housing and the D15B2 has it on the back of the block next to the oil filter - you will need to remove the 2-wire connector for the switch from the Z6 engine harness and install it on your DX engine harness so that you can plug it into the switch on the thermostat housing - wire colors are yellow with green stripe and black

3. the D16Z6 uses a MAP sensor that is mounted on top of the throttle body - the D15B2 in your car uses a firewall mounted MAP sensor - you need to unplug the connector at the firewall mounted MAP and extend the 3 wires so that you can plug the connector into the MAP on the Z6 throttle body

4. you will need a fuel supply hose (goes from filter to fuel rail) from a 88-91 CRX Si or HF or from 88-91 Civic Si or EX

5. you can use the throttle cable that is presently on your car by looping it around the driver's side strut tower, however, it is better to use the Si/HF/EX throttle cable for a cleaner installation

6. you will need to use the flywheel and clutch from the D15B2 on the D16Z6