Need lowering help

josh miller

Okay i have a hatch lowerd on skunk2 lowering springs n im lowered 2.2 inches in front n 2 inches in rear im wanting to know is ther anyway to drop it another half inch all the way around without buying adjustable coils.. and would top hats help me any at all or would it lower it any or would it lower it to much thanks for the help

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes extended top hats will help quite a bit. I think at least half an inch maybe more

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ground control top hats. and they come in a pair

BuddhaStyle

Okay i have a hatch lowerd on skunk2 lowering springs n im lowered 2.2 inches in front n 2 inches in rear im wanting to know is ther anyway to drop it another half inch all the way around without buying adjustable coils.. and would top hats help me any at all or would it lower it any or would it lower it to much thanks for the help
if you have skunk2 lowing springs its perfect the way it sit you don't want to lowered it to much. but if you want to go lower i think you going to have to buy coil overs. just to let you know don't cut the skunk2 springs cause they will get soft on you and i know you want your car to be stiff not soft and bouncy

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No, there is no way to lower the car more. Well, there is, but it's expensive and you might as well just buy coilovers...

Top hats do not lower the car any.

yes extended top hats will help quite a bit. I think at least half an inch maybe more
Top hats do not lower the car any. They raise the mounting point of the shaft on the shock higher to give the shocks more travel. They are good to have if you are really low so your suspension has more room to travel. But, they have zero influence in ride height.

whats a good brand for top hats n do i get 4 or just 2 for the fron?
Ground Control sell extended top hats in pairs. You really should only need the front as the front has less suspension travel than the rear does.

if you have skunk2 lowing springs its perfect the way it sit you don't want to lowered it to much. but if you want to go lower i think you going to have to buy coil overs. just to let you know don't cut the skunk2 springs cause they will get soft on you and i know you want your car to be stiff not soft and bouncy
Cutting springs is a bad idea in general. The Skunk2 springs have progressive spring rates. If you cut the springs, you change the spring rate and if you don't cut them right, they could end up having different rates. It's not a good idea, don't do it.

Also, if you want to go lower, you'll need stiffer springs which also means you'll likely need upgraded shocks. So basically if you want to go any lower, be patient, save your pennies and buy a good coilover kit.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Top hats do not lower the car any. They raise the mounting point of the shaft on the shock higher to give the shocks more travel. They are good to have if you are really low so your suspension has more room to travel. But, they have zero influence in ride height.
Good info to know :like: :thumbs up. I'll throw that into my stickied FAQ.