Need some help with Wheel color on a silver Ek hatch

B18cbubble

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I am torn between leaving these bronze or painting them. do you think i should paint them? If i were to paint them what color do you think? all my friends keep telling me black, but i think the bronze gives it some contrast between the all silver and black!! what are your guys' thoughts?

Please ignore the exhaust...I have the full Integra Type R exhaust and the tip is a little long. i also have a rear lip that i am putting on soon and machining off the exhaust tip a little.

P.S. I plan on leaving the side skirts, lips, molding, door handles, and mirrors black...so what wheel color?

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Your friends are ricers if they tell you black.

Paint them gloss black, then polish the faces of the spokes.. OMG theyll look good.

Sprint_2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hm....i dunno bro something isnt quite cutting it for me (personal opinion) i dont know if its the tire size, height of the car, or the hood. Im trying to figure it out. i say instead of spraying the rims spray the car! theres Gray, (car) Black, (hood) Yellow, (fogs) Red, (Valve Cover) Bronze (rims) and the old Red White and Blue air freshner :D jk bro....but yeah id say stick with the bronze. If anything is to be added on the outside, I would add a Type R rear lip to match with the skirts and the Mugen lip you have going on there. I dunno thats just me! or getta 99-00 front conversion! that'll be siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

B18cbubble

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya i know what you're saying...i do have the type r lip rear lip, but just not on in that pic.

Sprint_2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
your off to a good start tho buddy! i say leave em original and leave the Circuit 10's with the stock look of Bronze. I think if you spray em they'll look kinda like a knockoff :-/

Jas0nEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Black hoods only look good on non-black cars if the hood is not only black, but also made of carbon fiber. Then it's black for a good reason. Black lips and skirts on non-black cars generally never look good; this is especially true if the lips and skirts don't really match one another. Observe how much bigger the front lip is compared to the side skirt. And why would you even consider leaving that ding prevention strip black? That's not good taste, man. I'd say paint the car black or paint your goodies grey THEN address the wheels... which may be the high point of your car's appearance.

guitar_adam2000

Alcohol ab-User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^ agreed with the hood thing, but yeah somethin defo aint quite right, maybe cuz i've never been a fan of the whole two tone thing, i'd at least colour code the side skirts and spoiler. and your wheels do look like they've come from a rally spec impreza with off-road tyres. I think if everything was silver the rims would look good in black imo. oh, and lower prof tyres ftw

johno590

f**k thieves
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ditch the bronze, just doesn't flow on the car... I say go black... Or do silver like the color of your car :thumbs up

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you have the sports bronze, not the bright bronze so it doesnt jump out as much. i think you should and just have them clearcoated to bring out the color

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looks good as it is leave it