need some performance advice 95 civic quick

95dxguy

5+ Year Member
i have a 95 civic dx 1.5 16valve soch. i installed a 2.25 full exhaust and a high performance almost straight thru cat. have a magnaflow muffler and aem short ram intake. but its like im missing power. if i floor it or get down on it you can hear the intake like its gargling sputtering, let off a little and its ok. reminds me of a fourwheeler i had with too big of a jet in the carb. mybe a stupid question but what can i do to get this smoothed out and get the most out of my eng. thanks to any who can help...

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
1. a d15 has no power
2. was your engine running ok before the mods?

95dxguy

5+ Year Member
it was fine b4 just no real get up and go. feels like im lacking something.

emerican

Registered VIP
IS all the maitnece current and up to date full tune up plugs wires distributor cap rotor button oil change fuel filter?
Even if it you can pick up some fuel system cleaner to see if it helps really cheap
Also a d15 does not have hardly any hp to begin with honestly not a deseriable honda motor at all all d series in fact do not respond well to bolt ons
So your saying the lack of power as you say wasnt there before the mods?

Cobl18

Registered VIP
d series are for fuel mileage, not really for "racing" lol! i have one myself (D16Y8) the only way your ever really going to get any power out of it is to boost the hell outta it.

emerican

Registered VIP
^ this i also have a y8 and i love the motor and love messing with it but its never gonna make any real hp without boost and the d15 is a few steps under the y8's amd z6's

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Honda's are slow and lack torque. D-Series are especially slow. No matter how many bolt ons you throw at it it's still going to be slow.