need sugestions

enyce223

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alright here is my delima I dont know what to start with I have a 97 civic dx and I dont know weither I should just hook up this engine or start on the outside and the cosmetics and save some money and waite to get my swap need some help thanks

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just straight save up for a swap. maybe buy some performance things that can be used with either engine (exhaust, lowering, struts, etc). i say go with "go" before "show." dont put too much stuff on the outside when you can back it up under the hood. just my suggestion...(i wish i would have done the same thing)

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i always do suspension first. i mean where is all that power going to go if you dont have a good suspension right?

then i work on the tranny

then i do engine

civic_anxiety

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have to agree with Mr. Brains there, start with the suspension and brake system that goes for both cars like bigger rotors to help u out later when ur going to fast and cant stop cause of your sick ass swap that made ur car 12 secs.

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont really think cross drilled rotors and all that big brake crap is that necessary for the streets. especially since they're very heavy and making your brake a whole lot faster can be dangerous for the person in back of you too.

but suspension indeed is well worth it. dpeending on your budget i can help you out if you need

civic_anxiety

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well if you're swapping a motor and going for speed, its not just dangerous for the person in back of u, but everyone else on the streets. theres always going be someone that wants to run with u, and i know u guys aint going to back down. and the brakes, they're actually the same weight if u get the stock size, but just crossed drill and slotted. but it isnt necessay, but it does looks pretty sick at the same time it helps a little more than stock brakes

enyce223

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well I have some suspension I got tockio or how ever you spell it blues and I got some generic coilovers I wont new ones so any suggestions on what brand to go with for the coilovers well be good and I am thinking of getting better brakes cause of the damn break dust so thanks to everone who helped out

civic_anxiety

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think ground control, neuspeed, or skunk2 make pretty good coilovers, as for brakes, powerstop, brembo, well these two might be the same. i have the powerstop, crossed-drilled and slotted and they feel much smoother when i brake at a high speed and they look pretty sick

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i have no one to race where i live, and even if i did, i probably wouldn't do it anyhow!!
i am happy with all show and no go, i have all the common upgrades, cai, headers, exhaust, and that will be good enough for my speed needs.... everyone is so tied up on engine swaps, just do what you want.
If it is speed, do the engine swap
if it's looks, go for a body kit , lowered with some wheels.

civic_anxiety

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn, gotta agree with ya there "Position dude", if ur going for speed besta take it to the track, dont wanna cause any accidents now, haha. but honestly i think show is more fun, u get to show off to the ladies, like that works, haha

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "civic_anxiety"

damn, gotta agree with ya there "Position dude", if ur going for speed besta take it to the track, dont wanna cause any accidents now, haha. but honestly i think show is more fun, u get to show off to the ladies, like that works, haha
yeah right!!!! the car may look nice, but it utimately comes down to who's driving!!!

damn, i hate being ugly :cry:

civic_anxiety

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i think u should fix up yourself first, before fixing up your car, haha. instead of turbo, maybe a nose job, and instead of NOS system, maybe a butt implant, haha. naw, just messing, all i have to say, if u got the cash, u got everything

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree wid the cibic_anxiety dut

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yep, start with the suspension, thats what i did, kinda

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
telll me the budget and what you want out of your suspension and i'll tell you what i would suggest. =)

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dunno if it helps....but I started with Intake, then exhaust. I am now saving up for some Skunk2 coilovers and Rota Slipstreams

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what coilover and shocks do you have? do you want a better setup? i dont know what you want i cant read minds.

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u should get rims next, or intake/header/exhaust and a high flow cat or test pipe.

enyce223

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aight I have some damn generic coilovers I wont skunk2 or groundcontrol I have 17 inch giovanni white rims a ractive intake but dont know what to do