New 95 civic coupe what to do????

Robman3291

I don't think reliability and a supercharger and a turbo charger all stuffed together would be very reliable, I mean maybe a decent track car, but a DD? Good luck man.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I spent ~$6k to get my B18 turbo Civic to ~250whp. And that was pretty much all stock internals. It definitely adds up fast.
Turbo & most parts from Go-Autoworks ... $3k alone there

Still needed a new radiator, ARP head studs to keep the head lifting under boost, better motor mounts, OBD I ECU, OBD2-ODB1 conversion harness, 700cc injectors, a few other odds and ends I can't think of...

The tuner I went to was unique and did a dyno tune followed by a street tune to customize it for daily driving. He refused to street tune it until I replaced a slightly leaking brake line (which I totally understand), so I had to replace brake lines. Also had an issue with a fake MAP sensor that cost me a few hours in labor for the tuner to figure out. For whatever reason the fake sensor was telling the ECU that I was pushing 28lbs of boost AT IDLE, and therefore dumping fuel. f**king tuner had me replace the entire engine harness, fuse box, etc, before figuring it out. They're out of business now. :lol:

EDIT: I decided to look up my old tuner since he closed shop and disappeared... he's a f**king DOCTOR at Albany Med... as a neurosurgeon. What in the actual f**k? Good for him.

Last edited:

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Turbo Honda's i mean its not brain surgery, oh wait... WTF???

Sent from my boujea ass phone

Big Guns

You know, years ago a guy was selling a EG coupe on ebay, and said he had over $20k in the car... I just found it weird cause it was a single cam, and didn't even put out half as much power as my car and I spent nowhere NEAR $20k. I say that to say this, you can most definitely build a daily 500 hp Honda for under $10k. I'm not talking about something I heard, I'm talking about something I've DONE myself. My EM1 Si that I had for 3 years and finally sold for $6k cash money because I wanted to buy a house, and i had A/C and PS. You can also google "k series budget build" and there's a video on youtube where a guy did a k-swap in an EG for $3k. And his current project is a k-swap in an EF and his projected cost is $3,500. $10k is entering into track car figures in my opinion. You don't need that much for a daily, especially if you go b-series, or really go bold and stay single cam.
$2,000 Sleeved gsr shortblock on ebay right now complete with pistons and rods, which would be an AWESOME foundation to build a b-series on. All it takes is prudent planning, and a little bit of luck on finding deals and you can make that sh*t happen chief.
Deezie thanks for the info going to do the k24 I'm starting to think this was not the right place to ask my question but then there are ppl like you that make me chang see my mind. This is going to be a 4 yr build and looking to put about 10k a year into it. I have a plan and I'm going to stick it out

Big Guns

I spent ~$6k to get my B18 turbo Civic to ~250whp. And that was pretty much all stock internals. It definitely adds up fast.
Turbo & most parts from Go-Autoworks ... $3k alone there

Still needed a new radiator, ARP head studs to keep the head lifting under boost, better motor mounts, OBD I ECU, OBD2-ODB1 conversion harness, 700cc injectors, a few other odds and ends I can't think of...

The tuner I went to was unique and did a dyno tune followed by a street tune to customize it for daily driving. He refused to street tune it until I replaced a slightly leaking brake line (which I totally understand), so I had to replace brake lines. Also had an issue with a fake MAP sensor that cost me a few hours in labor for the tuner to figure out. For whatever reason the fake sensor was telling the ECU that I was pushing 28lbs of boost AT IDLE, and therefore dumping fuel. f**king tuner had me replace the entire engine harness, fuse box, etc, before figuring it out. They're out of business now. :lol:

EDIT: I decided to look up my old tuner since he closed shop and disappeared... he's a f**king DOCTOR at Albany Med... as a neurosurgeon. What in the actual f**k? Good for him.
Thanks

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
10k a yr over 4yrs?? My math sucks but that's 40k into a Honda... i have over 30k in mine and in the end while its fun to drive (3 times a yr) it was a poor choice given my demographic and income (northeast elevator tech 80k yr) i would not do it again.. remember you will only make 1/8 out of it what you put in..

Sent from my boujea ass phone