New Civic Owner - Help With Some Questions

TheMockUnit26

First off, Hello everyone. I am glad to be apart of this community finally. I recently bouoght a 1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe with a Auto Trans, with only 73k miles original.
First Question - How can I verify the the miles? Would the cluster have the vin on the back of it that I could check.
Second Question - It appers that the sunroof/moonroof on the car is missing a seal or something. I see that there is a seal around the edge of the sunroof glass, but in between that and the car there is nothing so you can hear eveything from the outside while driving. Does anyone know what part that is or maybe have a link to that part I can buy. I fear that if it decides to snow or rain or something that the interior of the civic will get covered, and its annoying while driving.
Third Question - The civic was bought form police inpound as it was stolen from some old lady, the old lady never picked it up after it was recovered so I got it. That being said I'm pretty sure that the key they gave me is a GM key and not a honda key. It starts the car but dont work for the doors or trunk. How easy is it to get the ignition and other locks changed out. I know in my check its a pain because you have to get the new key programmed.
I really appriciate any input and look forward to talking with you all.

31119 31121

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First off, Hello everyone. I am glad to be apart of this community finally. I recently bouoght a 1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe with a Auto Trans, with only 73k miles original.
First Question - How can I verify the the miles? Would the cluster have the vin on the back of it that I could check.
Second Question - It appers that the sunroof/moonroof on the car is missing a seal or something. I see that there is a seal around the edge of the sunroof glass, but in between that and the car there is nothing so you can hear eveything from the outside while driving. Does anyone know what part that is or maybe have a link to that part I can buy. I fear that if it decides to snow or rain or something that the interior of the civic will get covered, and its annoying while driving.
Third Question - The civic was bought form police inpound as it was stolen from some old lady, the old lady never picked it up after it was recovered so I got it. That being said I'm pretty sure that the key they gave me is a GM key and not a honda key. It starts the car but dont work for the doors or trunk. How easy is it to get the ignition and other locks changed out. I know in my check its a pain because you have to get the new key programmed.
I really appriciate any input and look forward to talking with you all.
1.Not that I know of, you can do a carfax VIN check, to see the history of the car, that may give you an idea of milage.
2.Here is the part diagram for the sunroof.

3.Go to a local Honda dealer, they should be able to cut you a new key, should be under $5 or so.

hNNda

This old lady have a good taste for rims :D