New civic owner

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just recently bought my first civic and figured it would be a good idea to join a forum to help me out with any questions I might have. I don't have a lot of extra money to spend on my car, but I plan on slowly modding it to get it where I want. Pics:

Mods (that I know of):
CAI
DC Sports muffler
Aftermarket header of some sort
Integra wheels
Fog lights
Lowering springs (not sure what brand)

I know very little about modding cars, but that's why I joined the site, to learn. Also, I know the hood looks crappy, lol. The previous owner sanded and spraypainted it because the clearcoat was peeling. I plan on getting it repainted when I can afford to.

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks! Yeah, I was fortunate to get a car that already looked pretty decent, since I don't have a lot of extra money to put into it right now. It's gonna be a long, slow build.

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Welcome and nice base, looks decent i say start by doing a complete tune-up and go from there.

emerican

Registered VIP
Welcome to the site
I would find out if its lowered on a decent setup or ebay crap
PLans for it in general?

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Welcome to the site
I would find out if its lowered on a decent setup or ebay crap
PLans for it in general?
Well, for now just cosmetic and other little things mainly. A lip, short throw shifter, coilovers, maybe some HIDs, paint job, eventually some new wheels, although I think the integra ones look pretty decent for now. Maybe I'll get them powdercoated or something. Basically I don't plan on messing with the engine for a while, as I just don't have the money or the knowledge yet. Plus this is my DD, so I can't be doing anything to put my car out of commission. About the springs, I have no clue. I didn't look real hard, all I know is that they're blue.. Lol

nice car bro, throw on a lip and si grill and call it a day.. and maybe some H.I.D. lights
Thanks man!

So this is just a question for anyone, but what are good sites to get parts off of? I know of passwordjdm and weksos, but that's about it.

MrDaggs

So this is just a question for anyone, but what are good sites to get parts off of? I know of passwordjdm and weksos, but that's about it.
There are actually some parts that you can find on CC that are pretty good. I'd also check out Skunk2, HKS, BBS, Sparco, Recaro, and never forget: OEM parts. nothing beats a part for your car made by the manufacturer of that car :thumbup:

Sent from my LG Optimus V running Android 2.3.7 on Tapatalk