New girl needs help

Shesfromthefire

Import Sweethearts
Hey, so I'm new here [insert awkward intro] I guess I'll start with my car, in April I purchased a 2008 DX Coupe, black.

Here's why I'm here...this is the first car I have ever bought on my own, and I can do whatever my heart desires to it, and my heart desires it to be so much more then it was when I bought it. The reality is, I don't know the ins and outs of customizing a car. Mostly, I'm here to learn, be a part of the community, and not just be blindly lead. I have plans for my car, and have made a few changes, but they're minor and "necessities" if you will. Any and all questions are welcome =)

Thanks! Linzi

Flohrdcivic

Well first off what are your plans for your car? Maybe some photos of the car? Just shed some info and I'm glad to share what I know from my experience.

Shesfromthefire

Import Sweethearts
So far what I've done is tinting the windows, and getting a clear bra on it. That stuff was kind of "essentials" to me. I'm about to get wheels though!

I just ordered my TSW Nurburgrings and hopefully I'll get them installed Saturday. I'm looking to replace the lug nuts with pink ones but I think I need to wait until I get them so they're sized correctly. I'm like a kid waiting for the puppy I know I'm getting for my birthday right now.

Next is figuring out how to get my emblems pink, and possibly removing the civic one. Then I'm smoking my tail lights, I'm just not sure the best way to do it. I'm considering vinyl film because it's a cheap way to figure out how much I like it. But I'm concerned about installing it myself. I have some other ideas just not sure how to accomplish them.

Pic of when I bought it and how it looks now. The rims are clip ons, they were a joke but theyre still on it.

Ed[K*]

GO! GO! GADGET VTEC!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol "clip ons"

well welcome, hope you enjoy it here. theres plenty of good info and alot of people to help you in practicaly anything and everything you need about hondas. just expect alot of immaturity from some of the guys here..
car looks nice, any plans on motor? suspension?

Shesfromthefire

Import Sweethearts
Haha yes, I know.

Right now I'm focused on the superficial stuff because really that's what I can afford. Although the wheels are setting me back like $1600. Everyone wants me to lower it but unless I get a kit on it I think lowering might look weird. It's slow going because I'm on a budget but I'm psyched for these wheels (if you can't tell).

PS... If anyone wants to be my helper and is prepared to answer my questions allll the time PM me =)

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
please dont buy a bodykit for this. if anything a lip or something, but even with no lip it would still look sexy dropped. Cant wait to see whats in store for this bad boy. :-) welcome to CC.

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Next is figuring out how to get my emblems pink, and possibly removing the civic one. Then I'm smoking my tail lights, I'm just not sure the best way to do it. I'm considering vinyl film because it's a cheap way to figure out how much I like it. But I'm concerned about installing it myself. I have some other ideas just not sure how to accomplish them.
Take the emblem out and paint it.

To take the civic emblem out, get a hair dryer, a fishing line, and goo gone.

Vinyl film is a good choice incase you don't like it, you can just take it out.

Shesfromthefire

Import Sweethearts
I'm so nervous about wrecking my paint. Can I just use spray paint with a clear coat once it's off? And does the front emblem remove the same way?

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
Thank you! I totally don't want a kit! But you think it would look ok lowered without one?
yea dont buy a kit. save your money, as for the taillights i agree go vinyl just incase u dont like it but it should look good if done right since the car is black. If you give her an aggressive drop She would look mint ;-)

Shesfromthefire

Import Sweethearts
My only concern with lowering is the driveway in to my work is ridiculously steep. I scrape now if I'm not careful.

Oh and I want to smoke my tail lights dark... And then do pink tint on the headlights. Do you sense a theme lol?

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
My only concern with lowering is the driveway in to my work is ridiculously steep. I scrape now if I'm not careful.

Oh and I want to smoke my tail lights dark... And then do pink tint on the headlights. Do you sense a theme lol?
well just saying if u want low u have to make sacrifices :what: i think it would look good seeing as how ur a female the pink tint would set it off more especially since the car is black. Its cool to see a female car enthuseist :-)

civicspencer

Registered VIP

Can you avoid that driveway, if not I don't think it would be a Good idea if you did lower it if you scrape at stock height, but in sure you could avoid that driveway, maybe park in a parking lot close or so,

I do sense a theme....PINK AND BLACK!

Shesfromthefire

Import Sweethearts
Glad I'm not the only one! But yea I know lowered would look good. If I lowered it, I'm getting this sticker...

Can anyone give me an idea of how much lowering is going to run?

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
from what i was able to quickly search i only see that skunk2 and blackworks are the only company that makes coilovers for your year, now i say coilovers because 1. You dont want to cheap out 2. It gives you the privilege to raise your car up or go lower whenever you please. from what i seen the skunk2's run like 1500 shipped and the blackworks are like 900 shipped. Honestly if you work in the ghetto then i suggest getting an alarm installed ASAP if you dont have one already.