New guy here

minja lover

del slo
5+ Year Member
Hey guys, what's up?

Got my second Honda, a '99 Civic DX Hatch AT for next to nothing. This is going to be my first project car. My first honda was a manual '98 Civix EX.

First thing I need to do is replace the hood, front bumper, and headlights. Anyone know where to buy the clips for the grill and bolts for the bumper? I've tried searching all over but haven't found a place yet. Would the dealership have them?

Well, here are a few plans for my car:
Cold air intake, cat back exhaust, auto to manual conversion, rims and tires, and eventually an engine swap.

Looks like I'll be around these parts as I'm working on this, so nice to meet y'all.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Hey welcome to the site. Sounds like some good plans. Any pictures of your car?

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Parts should be able to get from dealership

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Definitely needs some TLC but not a bad base to being with.

:welcome:

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys, what's up?

Got my second Honda, a '99 Civic DX Hatch AT for next to nothing. This is going to be my first project car. My first honda was a manual '98 Civix EX.

First thing I need to do is replace the hood, front bumper, and headlights. Anyone know where to buy the clips for the grill and bolts for the bumper? I've tried searching all over but haven't found a place yet. Would the dealership have them?

Well, here are a few plans for my car:
Cold air intake, cat back exhaust, auto to manual conversion, rims and tires, and eventually an engine swap.

Looks like I'll be around these parts as I'm working on this, so nice to meet y'all.
Definitely get everything replaced before you modify the car. Even if you 'find a good deal' on a part you wanted, use that money to fixing the thing first.

Can I ask why you'd like to get a CAI and exhaust for a motor that you plan to swap someday? That's a waste of time and money. You should to start with fixing it, then suspension and security.

minja lover

del slo
5+ Year Member
Definitely needs some TLC but not a bad base to being with.

:welcome:
Yeah, I know. It'll keep my busy during the day at least.
Definitely get everything replaced before you modify the car. Even if you 'find a good deal' on a part you wanted, use that money to fixing the thing first.

Can I ask why you'd like to get a CAI and exhaust for a motor that you plan to swap someday? That's a waste of time and money. You should to start with fixing it, then suspension and security.
Yeah, the hood and grill are on the way in the mail. and buying the bumper this week after I get some tips and my paycheck and possibly new headlights. After that, and hammering out the core support by the latch I should be set.

Thanks. It just seemed like the way to go from reading around. The swap wouldn't be for a year or so. And I'm always open to suggestions, pretty new to cars and trying to figure out what do in an order that would be most beneficial to me. So any suggestions be be nice.

minja lover

del slo
5+ Year Member
Sorry, this may be a noob question, but I tried banging out the core support, but it's just too messed up. Any radiator support from a '99 Civic will fit my car, correct? I'm assuming it would, just wanting to make sure. Tried searching around and didn't see anything.