New headers! Need Advice! 95 civic ex

Vx2ko

I just bought and installed some ebay headers on my 95 Civic EX. They went on fine and smooth, but one problem i ran into was that the down pipe doesnt line up with my exhaust underneath the car. Now I have an exhaust leak. The down pipe seems to be tilted down a little, but just enough to where the exhaust will not bolt on properly. Is there any sort of special piping I can use to make it fit? or can I reposition my exhaust?

Cobl18

Registered VIP
heres what i did, i went to ace and bought longer bolts than what they supplied so that I could ratchet them together, make sure that the gasket is aligned properly then have a friend pull the exhaust forward while you put the bolts in and the nut on. You will have to move your exhaust hanger in order for the exhaust to hang right too. I had a friend of mine wend it up after i cut it off. its a pain in the ass, that's why a short time later i bought the real deal headers.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This is why you don't buy eBay parts.

You're going to have to do like the person above me said. Try some longer bolts and jam the header and exhaust together.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Or you could take to some exhaust shop and have them mod it for you

Cobl18

Registered VIP
you should return it and get some DC headers instead, they fit much better man.

Themegajosh09

I got some eBay headers and they fit fine. I also paid 300$ for some headman headers and they had nasty welds on the inside where as the eBay was smooth. I'm more satisfied with the eBay ones

emerican

Registered VIP
they sell headmen headers for imports for alot cheaper than that, but headman isnt a well known or well reviwed header for hondas as far as i know.
There are quite a few people on here running ebay header with no problems; however the problem with ebay is everything is a 50/50 shot. They could work out great like yours and others or they could be like this guys, or not fit at all.

Themegajosh09

they sell headmen headers for imports for alot cheaper than that, but headman isnt a well known or well reviwed header for hondas as far as i know.
There are quite a few people on here running ebay header with no problems; however the problem with ebay is everything is a 50/50 shot. They could work out great like yours and others or they could be like this guys, or not fit at all.
I have a Honda so it was for a import. They was 260 plus shipping and handling

Vx2ko

heres what i did, i went to ace and bought longer bolts than what they supplied so that I could ratchet them together, make sure that the gasket is aligned properly then have a friend pull the exhaust forward while you put the bolts in and the nut on. You will have to move your exhaust hanger in order for the exhaust to hang right too. I had a friend of mine wend it up after i cut it off. its a pain in the ass, that's why a short time later i bought the real deal headers.
Thanks man, I did this and it worked! Well how they hold up

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
trim and or extend header and or exhaust. Thee proper fix.