New honda owner.

Dom559

pic of vaccum port has no vaccum or anything tho?
20190206_185107.jpg
basicly all the lights but gas light stay on with key in on position.
20190206_184952.jpg

other random pics coming one moment

Dom559

the. red wires are my doing thats the push button i went ahead and installed so i can start it since turning the key dosent crank it.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
The hose on the tb is a coolant hose, thats to help cold starts but wont affect anything if bypassed. Im still baffled about that map harness coming from so low. The oem wire that went to the starter you replaced check it for 12v while cranking. Your tps still has the oem bolts so it was not tampered. From here id take off the intake tube, check with an ohm meter the plugs not connected and find out where on the ecu they go to. I hope when you rang them out already you did it correctly and your buddy knew what to do not just push wires around. There are 2 type of sensors on a motor, 2 wire, 3 wire. A 2 wire is an on/off where a 3 wire has 12+, 12-, and a 5v reference wire that the ecu needs to read. Im tryin hard here w/o bein there so have paitence we will figure it out.

Sent from my boujea ass phone

Dom559

The hose on the tb is a coolant hose, thats to help cold starts but wont affect anything if bypassed. Im still baffled about that map harness coming from so low. The oem wire that went to the starter you replaced check it for 12v while cranking. Your tps still has the oem bolts so it was not tampered. From here id take off the intake tube, check with an ohm meter the plugs not connected and find out where on the ecu they go to. I hope when you rang them out already you did it correctly and your buddy knew what to do not just push wires around. There are 2 type of sensors on a motor, 2 wire, 3 wire. A 2 wire is an on/off where a 3 wire has 12+, 12-, and a 5v reference wire that the ecu needs to read. Im tryin hard here w/o bein there so have paitence we will figure it out.

I did not check that wire while cranking ill have to do that in AM as i have no one to assist at the moment lol.

Dom559

So after further handling the plug circled in yellow basicly fell off was barely held on by some elctric tape. it wasnt spliced in just kinda taped there i assume to not loose it idfk lol. the other one seems better taped but has no power to it. i hope my buddy rang them out properly also hes fairly decent with electric stuff on cars so i have some faith.
20190206_211501.jpg

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
The 1 circled in red looks like a vtec press switch but not certain.. basically your gonna have to ring 1 side to ground and the other to a pin on the ecu harness and write it down.. so use a paper clip on the engine harness, leave it there and ring out each pin on the ecu harness side till you get continuity then write down which pin it is and move to the next plug.

Dom559

and hey man i dont think i can Express just how thankfull i am for your help. I have all the patience in the world for this. I think iv decided to keep this car for along time.

Dom559

The 1 circled in red looks like a vtec press switch but not certain.. basically your gonna have to ring 1 side to ground and the other to a pin on the ecu harness and write it down.. so use a paper clip on the engine harness, leave it there and ring out each pin on the ecu harness side till you get continuity then write down which pin it is and move to the next plug.

Im really not trying to sound dumb but im not really sure how to do this correctly. Earlier i handed my buddy my phone to show him everything u wanted done with the ecu and sensors. He basicly knew exactly what u wanted and got right to it. He was in a time crunch so he just did it quickly instead of explaining it to me.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
and hey man i dont think i can Express just how thankfull i am for your help. I have all the patience in the world for this. I think iv decided to keep this car for along time.
No prob i dont mind helping those that are willing to listen and try things. Im off tomm so maybe ill go to my Civ, setup my meter and show you what i mean and how to troubleshoot wire for wire. You would think this is bad but im an elevator tech and ill attach a pic of what i troubleshoot.. dont get frustrated and say i can't or you never will..

Dom559

thats some crazy wiring right there man. Im always willing to learn iv just never had someone properly show me how to troubleshoot with a multi meter much.

Dom559

do you think the fact theres no 02 sensors has anything to so with it? also the map sensor and a sensor located just below the distributor not sure which sensor that on is? How ever both these ARE spliced into the harness. Ill be honest it looks very nicely done. Who ever did has definitely done it before.
Pic of unknown to me sensor.
20190206_221753.jpg

Dom559

Hey is there a way i can send u a video of the first morning start and the way it surges? I took one of it all this morning incase it can help

Dom559

I have a feeling this sensor could be part of our issue. it seems to be spliced into the wire harness poorly. it also has no effect if u plug and unplug it at idle at rpms or for starting.

20190207_111304.jpg

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
The last pic is the iat, intake air temp sensor. The 1 under the dist if its a single wire is the temp gauge on the dash. The 02 sensor will have very little to do with much as it runs in open loop over part throttle, although you should have 2 cel's for not having 1, a heater circut cel and a rich or lean cel from no sensor. Email me @ civteck@gmail.com with your vid.

Dom559

The last pic is the iat, intake air temp sensor. The 1 under the dist if its a single wire is the temp gauge on the dash. The 02 sensor will have very little to do with much as it runs in open loop over part throttle, although you should have 2 cel's for not having 1, a heater circut cel and a rich or lean cel from no sensor. Email me @ civteck@gmail.com with your vid.

sorry for slow reply my email tells me video is to larage to send. Can u message me on facebook? "dom undorte" i can send it on there. I have volt meter in hand ready to check things myself this time. Also..... Just took it around the block and speedometer stopped working.. o joy..

Dom559

I seem to get zero volts at the iat plug

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Sry i dont have facebook or any social media besides these forums. If you can upload it to youtube and send me a link that might work.