New honda owner.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
2nd 1 only because you already have an obd2 dist. Its the diff between obd1 engine harness and obd2 engine harness. Just make sure when you get a harness its obd2a from 96-98 not obd2b which is 99 up.

Sent from my boujea ass phone

Dom559

okay gotcha. Basicly all plug and play as long as i get a obd2 harness from a 96-98.
I dont understand why they hacked into the wiring on this harness.. It seems to me they tried to do everything the first post shows but the IAT isnt hooked up right

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
If you keep the obd1 p75 i dont believe the obd scanner will work but you know how to retrieve the codes as you showed in the vid. I personally would keep the p75 and get a new harness and go from there. If i had to guess the harness in your car was hacked maybe to add gauges of some sort but it was a poor attempt. Your on the right track now try and source a harness and i think you will have alot of fun with the car.

Dom559

If you keep the obd1 p75 i dont believe the obd scanner will work but you know how to retrieve the codes as you showed in the vid. I personally would keep the p75 and get a new harness and go from there. If i had to guess the harness in your car was hacked maybe to add gauges of some sort but it was a poor attempt. Your on the right track now try and source a harness and i think you will have alot of fun with the car.

hopeing to have new harness by this afternoon

Dom559

Harness acquired, how ever its from a 97 civic LX hope it'll work.. All the DX models were obd1

20190208_133154.jpg

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Aww s**t looks like a fun car is about to be had...

Dom559

Aww s**t looks like a fun car is about to be had...

Its getting there =)!!! Harness feed into engine bay. How ever in such a rush i did not check my sharpie and had nothing to label things with lol

Dom559

So i believe i have to make my iat sensor wite longer to reach. Do i just splice in extra wire? Maybee steal some wire from old harness?

Dom559

Do i need to do all this??

If you have a non-vtec civic you will have to perform these mods to your EWH in order to be compatible with an OBD1 VTEC engine: (1) add VTEC wiring (2) wire in the KS (3) *perform the IACV mod

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
As long you lengthen the correct harness any wire will do. I suggest using heat shrink connectors or solder joints.

Dom559

As long you lengthen the correct harness any wire will do. I suggest using heat shrink connectors or solder joints.

will do. what about the other wiring stuff i assume i need to do all that

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Do i need to do all this??

If you have a non-vtec civic you will have to perform these mods to your EWH in order to be compatible with an OBD1 VTEC engine: (1) add VTEC wiring (2) wire in the KS (3) *perform the IACV mod
Dont worry about this till and if you add a vtec head..

Dom559

alright man im so lost. Basicly have the new harness siting in position. but almost none of the sensors reach...

Dom559

Pics or vid, its a honda Honda swap what dont fit?

Working on vid its uploading... Im really trying here getting frustrated tho. It honestly looks like the harness i took out was spliced all over cause nothing reachs for jack s**t

Dom559

Think tomorrow morning ima remove harness and splice some stuff longer not aure qhat else to do i really dont see anything lining up..