New Intake Manifold For Are civic

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anyone know were you can get this done on a new civic???
Because I want one, because I heard that on are engines thats were we will gain the most hp.

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
here is another pic on a differnt car

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get a helms manual and do it yourself.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.asp?class%5F2=AHM&mk=Honda&yr=2002&md=Civic&dt=Shop%2FService+Information&module=&from=result&Style=&Sku=61S5A06&itemtype=N&mscsid=5BKGU3NR2D4G9HSP287Q7FRXG59TC1XF

It's not too hard and it's worth the experience. Also, the manual will tell you how to do a buncha other stuff as well, so definitely not a bad bargain. You'd be paying up to $200 for a swap at a shop I'm sure.

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that had to be custom done actually

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I thought Focuz only made wheels and dress ups?

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah but this a 7thgen civic, the ex manifold is the same as the dx one so we cant just swap it out, well if anyone finds out we we can get one let me know, just wanted to let all you 7thgeners out there know.

xmeeksx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have read about this intake manifold a while back from the former www.7thgencivic.com site. KMS is also making a manifold for 7th gen civics, but they are only making 10 of them and you had to have called to reserve. it was going for 500 bucks. i believe it will be sent to those who ordered sometime in the end of march.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i want a wire cover for my 6th gen...its cool :(

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "xmeeksx"

i have read about this intake manifold a while back from the former www.7thgencivic.com site. KMS is also making a manifold for 7th gen civics, but they are only making 10 of them and you had to have called to reserve. it was going for 500 bucks. i believe it will be sent to those who ordered sometime in the end of march.
damn i wish i had the money, i wonder when you can get those focus manifolds like the pics i put up :?

Catalyst

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wish i had a pic of the one SFpower made for my CRX. It had 1 3/4" runners to each piston with velocity stacks for each runner, and the inside diameder was 8 inches, and it had a 92mm throttlebody on it. We had to use a BBK throttlebody off of a mustang, and lie to the computer about the TPS.

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Catalyst"

i wish i had a pic of the one SFpower made for my CRX. It had 1 3/4" runners to each piston with velocity stacks for each runner, and the inside diameder was 8 inches, and it had a 92mm throttlebody on it. We had to use a BBK throttlebody off of a mustang, and lie to the computer about the TPS.
92mm? :shock:
That is f**king huge! Even for a mustang. Most people that run an upgraded throttle body will only run a 70mm or a 75mm.

Catalyst

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
we were trying to make a ton of power. I was making 215whp @ 10 psi on my SOHC ZC. And i ended up running it at 20 psi, then we made the new manifold, and i blew it up before i got the injectors i needed to run in it (Honda injectors wouldnt fit in the bosses)

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Catalyst"

we were trying to make a ton of power. I was making 215whp @ 10 psi on my SOHC ZC. And i ended up running it at 20 psi, then we made the new manifold, and i blew it up before i got the injectors i needed to run in it (Honda injectors wouldnt fit in the bosses)
92mm still seems big. How much air were you trying to push through it? The accufab cobra single plate oval throttle bodies will flow around 1600 cfm. I'm sure that 92mm unit would have flown similiar numbers. My T-64 turbo will only flow around 900cfm. That turbo is big enough to support somewhere in the range of 600+hp at the wheels.

Catalyst

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
we were just going as big as possible to get the least restriction. Plus, it was free.