New Lights for the City <<56k see them in Tokyo>>

Machinehead115

Team Four Door
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i've had the sockets and wiring for about a month but have been to busy/lazy to install these... but i decided since I had the day off today that I would dedicate it to finally installing my city lights... started off by going down to Jotech and picking up a set of Raybrig 168 bulbs... using my trusty dremel i started by drilling a whole in the center of the socket area of the headlight

then i drilled a little more, through the reflective part of the housing, so i can get a start on the other side

then i used the little attachment to drill out the little holes for the little parts on the side of the socket that hold it in place

here's the backing with the socket and bulb in place

here's with the headlight reassembled

daylight pics
nothing on

corners and city lights on

headlights on (notice city lights off, thx one6 ;) )

nighttime pics

the pics don't do them justice... they are so clear in the housing, they look amazing >` ... im so proud of myself :lol:

chow

Its hard to convert KMH
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dam they look f**ken great in the dark man. job well done :thumbup:

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
NP ;)

Nice Work. It looks very professional. Almost like you bought them with city lights.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1. First of all your raybrig lights are bright as f**k.. way brighter than mine :thumbup:
2. I attempted this diy and failed.. props to you :worthy:
3. Major props for buying black and decker rotary tool instead of that expensive ass dremel...;) thats what i did
4. . How did you wire them , parking lights or seperat circuit?

Props to you my friend.

Bfreeman

Its Slow.
5+ Year Member
not a bad DIY project..

i personally just went ahead and got the real ones but nice job.

nurevEKcivic00

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
awesom dude, and just as a guess, in those last pics, is that behind a best buy haha

vsmsedan

nooblet
5+ Year Member
nice diy job. if you don't mind, i sent em to a buddy of mine who's also thinking about doing the same thing to his headlights.

Machinehead115

Team Four Door
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
1. First of all your raybrig lights are bright as f**k.. way brighter than mine :thumbup:
2. I attempted this diy and failed.. props to you :worthy:
3. Major props for buying black and decker rotary tool instead of that expensive ass dremel...;) thats what i did
4. . How did you wire them , parking lights or seperat circuit?

Props to you my friend.
hehe thx danny ;)
1. ya they are pretty bright, and tight as fk >`
2. oh well at least u tried ;)
3. ya i went to home depot and say a name that i knew and it was cheaper than the others so i bought it
4. i wired the power to the signal bulb and the ground to the headlight (like one6 did)

nurevEKcivic00 said:
awesom dude, and just as a guess, in those last pics, is that behind a best buy haha
actually its target >` :lol:

vsmsedan said:
nice diy job. if you don't mind, i sent em to a buddy of mine who's also thinking about doing the same thing to his headlights.
np man, glad to help

civic pete

5+ Year Member
Lights looking good, we have them parking lights standard over here but we dont have the corner lights !!

clemsonvic

5+ Year Member
that looks awesome, now when you say you wired the ground the the headlight did you wire it to the actually power wire for the headlight or the ground wire for the head light?

Machinehead115

Team Four Door
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

B16A2_CIVIC

Think. Feel. Drvie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn man you did a very good job on that and your car looks sicks madd props too you my friend

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that sick man.....so sick......just might be my next project...hmmm

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you got the clear raybrigs right?> those are 2x brighter than stock i got em all over in license plate, dome lights, very good bulbs.

Machinehead115

Team Four Door
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gearbox said:
you got the clear raybrigs right?> those are 2x brighter than stock i got em all over in license plate, dome lights, very good bulbs.
actually i got the yellow ones... and ya they are really bright...

x007den

New User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that looks bad ass. jeez it looks so nice.

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the headlights looks nice, can't reallly tell them apart from the real ones...:thumbs up