New member, exhuast question, Buddy Club Spec 2

staticfitment

alright guys I have a 97 civic dx coupe, it has nothing done to the engine or the exhaust. The only modification to the car is raceland coilovers and spacers. I would love to get an exhaust next. I love the sound of the buddy club spec II. It says it would fit on the four door in some places. Why would it fit that and not the coupe? I don't mind it being a little short if that is the only reason it wont fit. If it does not bolt on right now that would be a problem. Does anyone know if it will fit or not? I really don't feel like wasting a bunch of money! thanks guys I appreciate it!.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Best thing to do is contact them directly and ask

staticfitment

Okay I was just wondering if anyone had tried it and found out just so I had an idea that it would work. I could call them too! thanks! =)

slowDB7

i think it will only work on EX coupes and sedans, do to the difference in locations of the cat.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
If anything you could get it and if it doesn't fit like you want take it to exhaust shop

staticfitment

I thought it might have something to do with the cat placement. It seems so hard to find a good catback for a dx coupe it seems like all the exhausts fit everything in that time space except that model. Do you guys have any suggestions for a good exhaust for my model? I was just going to get the exhaust shop that I always go to make me a straight pipe but I have to work around PA emissions tests.

slowDB7

Buy whichever exhaust you want that will fit a ex coupe and have a muffler shop fab a pipe from the stock DX cat to the rest of the exhaust.... That way you still have the cat and will pass PA emission tests