New Member, First Honda!!

619m23

Respected
Hello, as you can tell by the title of the thread i am new to the forum and decided to share my interest with others. So far i have only had the car for about a year now. Let me know what ya think!!

So, i own a 96 Civic CX (D16y7) with manual gearbox and other bolt ons i have done.

Mods:
-HKS Catback Exhaust with stock down pipe and CAT.
-AEM Short ram intake.
-Koni yellow struts with adjustable damping with Ground Control top hat and adjustable sleeved springs.(also swapped oem forks for 99 si forks).
-15" matte black KÖNIG Maxxim wheels now sitting on kumho all season tires.(DIY Tire lettering).
-Front and Rear lip kit.

Attachments

Gumina144

I don't post much on this fourm but welcome!
It looks awesome and I bet it's a riot to drive with the suspension upgrades.
Do you have an future plans?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Slow y Low

5+ Year Member
Welcome to the community! Very nice and clean, looks like you're on the right track!!

619m23

Respected
I don't post much on this fourm but welcome!
It looks awesome and I bet it's a riot to drive with the suspension upgrades.
Do you have an future plans?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Thank you, its a fun drive. hopefully soon i will be putting work under the hood,ill make sure to keep the thread posted!!

Slow y Low

5+ Year Member
Thank you, its a fun drive. hopefully soon i will be putting work under the hood,ill make sure to keep the thread posted!!
I don't mean to talk down on your car or anything but that motor won't put out much power and does not have V-Tec, however, if you are going for a gas saver/daily driver it that would be perfect. A motor flush/ air filters/gas filter replacement would be a good start (if you haven't already). Are you planning on a swap?

619m23

Respected
I don't mean to talk down on your car or anything but that motor won't put out much power and does not have V-Tec, however, if you are going for a gas saver/daily driver it that would be perfect. A motor flush/ air filters/gas filter replacement would be a good start (if you haven't already). Are you planning on a swap?
I totally understand where your coming from the D16y7 isnt the best perfoming engine. While it is no v-tech and a single cam, the car is a fun drive!! But for future upgrades i am still looking at different options and learning about what i want to do.

Slow y Low

5+ Year Member
I totally understand where your coming from the D16y7 isnt the best perfoming engine. While it is no v-tech and a single cam, the car is a fun drive!! But for future upgrades i am still looking at different options and learning about what i want to do.
I bet with those suspension upgrade alone, I run Koni Yellows on Eibach Ground Controls with extended top hats myself :headbang:. well first rule of thumb....you gotta let that engine breath!!! If i remember correctly the intake manifold from the d16y8 should be able to be mounted on there just fine and I'm sure you can find one cheap, then buy/make a budget intake. That would definitely add some more zip/response to the ride. Free mods are great as well (adjust the Distributor to run a little higher, adjust throttle cable, clean/replace the spark plugs) all really easy to do.