New Member here: Help with car

AikenTho

Hello everyone, as a recent 'member' of Honda family, I have tons of question about my car which is an:

HONDA Civic VI Fastback (MA, MB) 1.4i (90 CV, yr 1995)

(Ignore the ugly dolphins heh)

Thing is, is this a 5th generation car? if so why can't I find anything related to it?
I bought the car for really cheap but it came with tons of small fixes and a really bad paint (specially now since someone hit my car from behind smh).
I wanted to fix the glove box, and the car interior light button.. and some scratches.
Also if the model says 'civic VI' does it mean it's a 6th gen?
I'm really confuse about this car and well it's my first car and I'm pretty enjoying =)
Hope someone can answer me.
Cheers

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's a 6th generation car, based off the Honda Domani.
Pulled this from Wiki...
Based on the Domani, this version was marketed in Europe as the MA/MB/MC Civic and Civic Aerodeck. It was built in five-door, two-door coupe and Aerodeck (Estate) models in various trim levels and engine sizes. The Aerodeck name was previously used on the Honda Accord Aerodeck, which was a two-door station wagon, popularly known in Europe as a shooting-brake. 1.4 L (D14A2/A5/A7), 1.5 L (D15Z8/Z6), 1.6 L (D16Y2/Y3, D16W2/W3, D16B2 etc.) and 1.8 litre (B18C4) petrol engines were available. These came with five-door body and fifty-five litre fuel tank, ABS, driver and passenger air bags, power steering and electric door mirrors, amongst other things. The later models came with air conditioning as standard. The 1.8 VTi model was the flagship model (explained in detail below) with the biggest petrol engine to be given to MA MB MC Civics. The Domani-based Civics were also available with the Rover L-Series diesel engine which was a 2-litre, eight-valve, direct-injection turbocharged unit (20T2N, 20T2R); an essential addition in the European market. Later diesel engines came with intercoolers. The chassis codes designated to this model and generation of Civics were chassis codes MA8, MA9, MB1, MB2, MB3, MB4, MB6, MB7, and MB8 for the liftback, while the Aerodeck chassis codes are MB9, MC1, MC2, MC3, and MC9. Compared to the original Domani, the Liftback and Aerodeck featured a new interior, similar to that of the more upmarket Rover 400. Honda had a long-serving partnership with the Rover group, who at the time didn't have enough funds for the tooling to produce an all new car, which allowed Rover to produce its own C-Segment competitor based around the design of the Domani shell and using a lot of its underpinnings to produce the Rover 400/45 and later MG ZS. Rover made mostly cosmetic changes (which included front fenders/wings, bonnet, headlights, bumpers, rear lights and tailgate were different on the Rover as well as more upmarket cabin materials and greater use of wood and decals) to have a brand new design in the showrooms, which was very cost effective but divided opinion amongst brand enthusiasts.

AikenTho

It's a 6th generation car, based off the Honda Domani.
Pulled this from Wiki...
Thank you so much for the quick reply =)
So what I 'need' about the car I should search around 6th gen, like the service book and such? or Honda Domani? Sry for bother.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thank you so much for the quick reply =)
So what I 'need' about the car I should search around 6th gen, like the service book and such? or Honda Domani? Sry for bother.
We don't have them here in the US, but since they are a bit different than the regular 6th gen Civic, I would look for a Domani manual.

AikenTho

We don't have them here in the US, but since they are a bit different than the regular 6th gen Civic, I would look for a Domani manual.
Oh wow, this makes everything so strange.. What a nice catch then ahaha. Thanks a lot for your help, I will see what I can do. since most service ebooks links are dead. and real book are expensive as well.
Anyway thank you again