New Members Section: Potential New Rules

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Yes. It would be really nice, but deleting posts or punishing brand new members for inadvertent mistakes absolutely leads to attrition. First impressions matter. A template could be put somewhere. There's no problem there. However, we can't punish when it isn't followed. Beyond that, there's no guarantee that anyone will read it (in my experience, nobody reads anything they don't have to / want to read).
This really goes both ways, but this isn't my site so yeah. Anyway, requesting that the tech questions be submitted in a template style would eliminate something like this altogether. Even if there were grammatical errors, our eyes wouldn't go crossed try to understand what the issue is to begin with.

Like the post I quoted above, I have zero idea what is even wrong with that dude's car, other than the fact that he owns it.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
We can put the water down, but we can't force them to drink. I have no problem laying out a bowl, as long as it doesn't take away from anything else (e.g., the readability of the rules). Where would you suggest putting it? If you have a good suggestion on wording and placement, I have no problem helping you get it posted.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
It should be under the RULES section with the heading "All answers must be in the form of a question"

But seriously, the pop up page (explaining what to expect on this forum) in conjunction with the template should help those of us interested in giving advice or aiding in rectifying an issue, even with spelling and grammar issues.