new paint teaser

habitat307

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well if any of you remember my car, you remember the ugly blue primer job. well i painted it on saturday, came out allright.. not the greatest paintjob in the world, but not bad for my first i guess. i still need a new hood and wheels too. .. here is some before-afters:

before's

afters

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice ;) so that would make it like a 5 1/2 gen huh??

C.F. Freak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not feelin the shaved tailgate or EG tails, but that paint looks NICE from the pictures.

nurevEKcivic00

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dude that hood does NOT fit at all with the front bumper but i am loving the paint job, pm me about where u got those headlights cus im liking the blue film looks nice man good luck with it

habitat307

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nurevEKcivic00 said:
dude that hood does NOT fit at all with the front bumper but i am loving the paint job, pm me about where u got those headlights cus im liking the blue film looks nice man good luck with it
yeah man.. read my first post up at the top. i know the hood doesn't fit, thats because its from a 96-98 civ. (the only one i had handy when i converted). i got the headlights off ebay. just search for ion tinted civic headlights. im gonna take some more pics later of the paint out in the sun

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looks good man. i would def get new tails tho. like the paint with the blue ion headlights. cant wait to see more.

habitat307

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ImportFan1 said:
looks good man. i would def get new tails tho. like the paint with the blue ion headlights. cant wait to see more.
why's everyone want me to get different tail lights? they are just stock taillights painted red :?: thanks though, i'll get some more pics in a while

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
habitat307 said:
why's everyone want me to get different tail lights?
Maybe they don't realize you have a 5th gen with a 6th gen front end conversion. :what:

BTW nice paint!

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i realized that. i just dont really like the all red tails.

JL

Doodoo Brown Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good but it looks like it needs more buffing or something. The shine just isn't there.

habitat307

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
B16EJ1 said:
Looks good but it looks like it needs more buffing or something. The shine just isn't there.
gotta give it time to cure. i just painted it on saturday... 2 days ago. once its ready then i will buff the s**t out of it. =)

steviethekidd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is that the odessy color?

damn man, you picked like the nicest color to do :thumbup: