new to 4TH gens

90B16Ed

At Your Mom's House
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have to agree with you there homebiscuit ;) Alot of the times it's some of the mods acting like little faggots about the ef/ed thing. It's f**ken gay, just let people call their civics what the want.
:word: brother

deadone000

5+ Year Member
how i tell the difference between the std tranny, dx tranny & si tranny?

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how i tell the difference between the std tranny, dx tranny & si tranny?
I know a std tranny is a 4 speed but telling the dx and the si tranny apart is a b***h. I started a thread on here so just search for it and it might help you.

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is that you have too many people on here that are getting all worked up about the chassis codes, and to be honest with you, it's getting out of control.
ding ding ding!

people have been calling ED's an EF since they were introduced to the US, if you think you are going to change that, think again. no reason to pretty much ruin a thread that could have otherwise been quite helpful

95gainfla

5+ Year Member
ding ding ding!

people have been calling ED's an EF since they were introduced to the US, if you think you are going to change that, think again. no reason to pretty much ruin a thread that could have otherwise been quite helpful

correct. His hatch IS an EF..not by VIN number, but by year(generation) sake.

and 92-95's are EG's, and 96-00 are EK's, and so on.

deadone000

5+ Year Member
o ok, because im thinking of piecin together a turbo kit lil by lil...and i dont want to stress the engine enough to make it blow...then ill probably build it for higher boost later down the road....

95gainfla

5+ Year Member
well, if you're going to have an engine out of a car, it would definitly be the best time to just throw some rods/pistons in that b***h. new bearings, water pump, oil pump, timing belt, and headgasket, and youll have an engine capable of higher boost pressures AND it'll be more reliable while driving it daily.

deadone000

5+ Year Member
ok...i want to build a motor enough to handle 12-15psi....what would i need to add in order to build that??i heard suzuki vitara pistons are good??

95gainfla

5+ Year Member
yea, vitara pistons are a great, affordable pistons that are made pretty solid. Some pistons and rods and stuff i listed would EASILY hold 15psi reliably.

deadone000

5+ Year Member
how would i be able to find out if my ecu was chipped to run a d16z6??currently in the it has a pm6...