New to Club Civ, wanted to share my ride..

West Dylan

Respected
I recently joined this site, I generally don't post in forums such as these. Though, I decided I'd like to reach out to the community, more recently.

So without further ado, I purchased a 1998 Civic DX Coupe about a week ago.

My phones camera focus is not working correctly, so some of my photo's don't come out too well :\

So far so good, the car was taken care of, driven by a lady from BC and shipped to Nova Scotia a few months ago. I've been going over it for the last couple of days, cleaning up and fixing minor things.

There's still snow here and I don't have a garage to work in any longer, therefore nothing major will be planned for it until spring/summer.

Looking forward to seeing other people's cars and how they progress with them=)

Last edited by a moderator:
duncan is located in the interior of BC where the rarely see any rain and high temps lots of vehicles come out of that region with zero rust which is always huge nice car man!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome aboard, @West Dylan. Congrats on the solid find. Thanks for giving the forum a shot. There's a crapload of helpful info here already, so always try to search before asking questions. You can learn alot just from browsing.

What plans are you brewing for the spring or summer?

West Dylan

Respected
duncan is located in the interior of BC where the rarely see any rain and high temps lots of vehicles come out of that region with zero rust which is always huge nice car man!
Yeah, there's barely any spots that rusted, and what is there is very insignificant. It's pretty wicked shape, one spot I need to re-spray on the passengers side but it's not a huge deal.
We have a large salt content here on the roads in winter, so undercoating is a must if you want to keep an old civic for more than a year :p

@HeX I've noticed there's an abundance of information on here for me to utilize, I've already been scrolling through different threads getting different peoples takes on a couple of subjects. There's some very cool builds and projects on here to watch grow as time goes on.

I've still got a couple more weeks until it's nice enough out for me to start wrenching away comfortably. But come spring and summer I plan to work on the suspension a bit, this chassis handles pretty decently already for what it is, but, I'd like to hug the road a little more and handle corners better. So I'm thinking some bracing and a nice set of adjustable shocks/struts for it.

It's also somewhat a daily driver, I don't really NEED a car where I live, but I still use one regularly. So I'd like to not take it off the road for over a month or anything like that. I'm thinking about going with a higher displacement engine. Probably just the lower grade B-Series swap B18B1, and while I have everything out of the engine bay, more than likely I'll service everything I can on the rest of the vehicle, as I work through it. I've never done an engine swap into a separate chassis, before. I'm sure though, that I wouldn't have any issues with my prior knowledge and all the info here.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome: to ClubCivic! A B18B is a good choice for a swap. Fairly easy, and good power gains compared to the D16 motor in there now.

West Dylan

Respected
@itzrivera Thank you, haha. Though I may not have perfect English skills, I still try my best to be proper. The Civic is pretty solid at the moment, the only car in good enough condition for me to consider modifying drastically. Most of the time I find myself just leaving everything stock, seeing as it's just not worth it.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
@itzrivera Thank you, haha. Though I may not have perfect English skills, I still try my best to be proper. The Civic is pretty solid at the moment, the only car in good enough condition for me to consider modifying drastically. Most of the time I find myself just leaving everything stock, seeing as it's just not worth it.
Man, you write just fine for the forum because everything youve written thus far is easily understood. We have American born members that dont do half as well as you, so give yourself some credit & keep up the good effort.

And youre a bright fellow to know when to just leave a car original instead of opting for low quality or hardly beneficial upgrades.