New to honda civics

Fskafish

Hello forum i am new here and just bought my daughter her first car, a 2006 honda civic ex 4 door. Well the more i drive it the more i love the little car, i had forgotten how fun these cars are to drive, i had an si back years ago that i had done a bit of work to. I have the bug again and would like to hook her up with a few bolt ons. I would like an exhaust and intake, however i do not want the infamous fart can sound, i do want a sporty sound. Ive been away from hondas for so long i was hoping i could get some ideas on what would be my best bet on brands of parts... and again this is my 15 yr old girls car so im not looking for the best of the best parts price wise..as she will learn to drive with this car so im sure it will take a few bumps and bruises.thanks for any help

alex98

In all honesty, I'd keep the car as is. An exhaust is just going to draw attention to her and an intake isn't going to do much either other than make that sweet sound when you slam your foot down on the gas. Slap a Wix or K&N filter in the box and call it good.

I'm not trying to preach or tell you how to parent (believe me, I hate it when people try to tell me how to parent), but my opinion is that she should be focused on driving and not worrying about if she's going to be profiled by traffic cops when she passes by one. In addition it would be a prime opportunity to teach her about basic maintenance (if you haven't done it already or planned to do).