New to the Civic community just looking for opinions atm.

SOHC_4LYFE

Hey guys, just bought a 1998 LX and I know most die hard civic guys will hate what im about to say but im thinking of going with an EBAY build while I build a b20b and get ready to swap it in. I do plan to boost it and want to stay non vtec (which is probably unheard of) but I want to know if the b20b is the smartest motor to go with or there are others in that price range 300-500$. Thanks guys!!

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi @SOHC_4LYFE, welcome to Club Civic :thumbs up

I don't have input for motor builds, but make sure to post pictures when it happens!

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know most die hard civic guys will hate what im about to say but im thinking of going with an EBAY build while I build a b20b and get ready to swap it in.
It has nothing to do with being a "die hard Civic guy", it has to do with being smart and doing things right. "Measure twice, cut once."
Why waste the time and money on a generic, junk turbo when you have a build planned?
Take the money you'd spend on that garbage, put it to save towards the b20 build to do it right, and have it run reliably.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
It has nothing to do with being a "die hard Civic guy", it has to do with being smart and doing things right. "Measure twice, cut once."
Why waste the time and money on a generic, junk turbo when you have a build planned?
Take the money you'd spend on that garbage, put it to save towards the b20 build to do it right, and have it run reliably.
X2 on this, had my B20 up to 11psi before it cracked 3 sleeves.. build it right and you will not be disappointed..

Sent from my boujea ass phone