new to the forum/first civic

emerican

Registered VIP
edelbrock makes a really good kit alot of people run it including a few of my friends all had no problems and it comes with a ton of stuff

itsacivicthing

Alright so only get AEM air to fuel if it comes with sensitive o2. Also I think I'll run 450cc fuel injectors or can I run something smaller?

mugenkid91

iScrape iRage iHonda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
welcome to the club bro.. good luck with your build.

emerican

Registered VIP
Make sure its the wideband gauge and yes it will come with the more sensitve 02
Depends on your boost and hp goal of what size injectors you need
Blue top dsm 450's will defintly do the job though or another brand of 450 injectors
Since its gonna be tuned anyway you can always tune them to the correct fuel, but you can olny get so much fuel out of small injectors like i said before though depends on boost/hp goal and supporting mods

itsacivicthing

Alright thanks. I'm going to run 8-10 psi it says with the victor turbo kit you can get 300-400hp with 14-18psi if you have the supporting mods

emerican

Registered VIP
I would stay with the 450 injectors
Once you get a little further into the build you can ask your tuner what he thinks for your specific power goal
Are you installing all of this yourself?
I woulndnt push it any further than 300 to the wheels on a street driven car anything more your asking for traction issues.

emerican

Registered VIP
As long as this dosent need to be your dd you should be fine cause it will have to be down for a little while.
there are enough write ups and info on the net including on here that you should be fine
Also if you install all of this yourself dont attempt to drive it to the shop where you will get it tuned tow it

emerican

Registered VIP
It would be easier for you to have something you could drive, cause the thing is since your gonna build the internals then your gonna have to have to motor and head pulled apart so untill at least you get all those parts in and install them you wouldnt be able to drive it. You could before, but once the parts come in and you start installing thne the cars gonna need to be down.

itsacivicthing

Yea I understand I'll probably go buy an s10 or ranger for winter. The civic will have to much power for snow and it's too light

emerican

Registered VIP
they arent bad for traction depending on how much power its got, but i can be stupid and slid mine around in just the rain if i want to do it, so i wouldnt even f**k with snow lol.
Luckily im in GA so it iant really a problem i have

emerican

Registered VIP
Damn sorry to hear that man i hate snow when its like that
Its fixing to be december and i was outside today in a tank top washing both my civic and the gfs truck it was 85 degres pretty much all day.

emerican

Registered VIP
To go that low i would go with a full coilover set up.
It will be the best possible suspension set up and you will also be able to adjust your height as you wish so when winter comes and theres 3 inches off snow on the roads or more you can raise it up if need be.
Look into function and form full coilover setup if the money aint a problem thats defintly what i wuld get if i had the cash.