new to the forum/first civic

itsacivicthing

i just bought a 1994 civic ex eg coupe with a D16z6, has intake,short throw, exhaust and lowered. Its my first civc and im curious what i should do to it besides a swap. I would like to get as much power as possible out of the D16. Any ideas what i should start with or build off of?

emerican

Registered VIP
what is your budget/power goal/mechanical knowledge
Post up some pics so we can see what your working with

itsacivicthing

[/URL][/IMG]money isnt really an issue, and i know a little about cars, pretty quick learner. i did install the short throw in it

Last edited:

emerican

Registered VIP
you also need to figure out if you want real power for not that much money.
Basically figure out if you wanna boost it cause d sereies do not respond well to bolt ons I/H/E is maybe good for all of 15 hp
if you want to stay NA you will take a little flack, but its your car you can do all the bolt ons head work internals etc its all up to you
Also looks pretty good not feeling the headlights though not my style
need more pics including bay shots

emerican

Registered VIP
you have to reaserch what you will need if you want to stay stock internals safley your gonna max out around 200whp which is easily attaintable
you want 200whp or do you want to build the block and head and go for more

emerican

Registered VIP
Also even if you stay stock internals you will need turbo,intercooler,pipping,couplers,manifold,etc etc
You will also need to get it tuned either way which is the most important part of any turbo build it can cost up to 500 bucks or more dont cheap out its worth it

emerican

Registered VIP
ebay turbo kits are garbage either piece a kit together which is the cheaper route
Or buy a kit thats specific for the motor you already have more expensive but you will get everything you need in one kit.

emerican

Registered VIP
ebelbrock makes a kit for this motor i believe look into that one its also carb legal if you have emmsions where you live i dont but idk if you do.
Also you could make 3oo easily on built internals the right supporting mods and turbo boost and tune
If your gonna dd this you wouldnt want to really run more than 300 on the street cause of traction
Also you need to compltly overhaul and rebuild the engine before boost, boost will defintly reveal any weak spots in the motor
What are you gonna tune it on/ do you have a shop to tune it for you

itsacivicthing

what should i do to the engine before i buy a turbo kit, also i dont have emmsions where i live. But i think im gonna try to stay with stock internals just to see if i can make a car you rarely see. the tuning wise i have no idea what to tune it too. i am new to this so what do you think i should tune it too or for? and yes i have two shops that i know will tune it..they tuned my buddies srt-4 its super fast now

emerican

Registered VIP
Prolly your best bet is prolly to run hondata which is the program itll be tuned with thats one of the best dont go with a cheap program.
personally i would rebuild everything before i would boost my car just to do the build right even if your gonna keep the internals stock no point in spending 3k to boost it then throwing a rod cause it has 200,000 miles on it but a stock internal boosted civic isnt something thats rarley seen honestly
Also if your going to overhaul the engine anyway the argument can be made that you might as well build the internals if your gonna go ahead and rebuid or replace them.
Around 3k is about what you will prolly spend maybe a little less maybe more thats just to properly boost it and tune it not counting rebuild
You also need a boost/power goal so you will know what size injectors to run also gonna need to pick up a walbor 255 fuel pump