new to the scene

watts92

I've had it with domestic's and their terrible mpg. I am lookin to buy a civic that has good mpg, and looks decent for under 2,000. I found a Sharp 92 hatch that I can afford but then I read on here that you have to swap to get any power. As well as the motors are a pain to squeeze HP out of. I want something 2 door 5 speed and bolt on lusty... no I don't have cash for all the parts I want, but ill get there over time. Guess I just want something that has a turbo friendly base.

Thanks ahead for those who reply.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
welcome to cc!

let me say this first... swaps in these cars are super easy! if u can tune a carb on a v*, then u will have no problem swapping in a B series in your honda!

do some research, and u will find that hondas are wonderful cars!

emerican

Registered VIP
^ this
Dont let having to possibly swap a motor scare you away from a clean base
Welcome to the site btw

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i say grab the hatch, and get started on your suspension. then worry about the motor later.

watts92

Thanks, I'm not new to building rides just know nothin about honda. I've built a 99 sonoma. Air, intake, exhaust, throttle body with spacer, chipped, and reprogrammed. Then a dodge truck with a cam hrads, let's just say. I had an 88 dodge ram doing wheelies. My last project was a 79 jeep cj-7.

I just want a good base that I can toy with and still keep it passing emissions. Should I take a stock 92 hatch over a 99 coupe. Which has more options when building around emissions?

watts92

The hatch I'm looking at has a good lookin body and actually painted. The interior is fairly unmolested, and the drive train is factory. With 200k.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^imo the best hatch you can pick up

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would get the hatchback most def. Just alot better for swaps from what i hear and see. Wanting to trade my coupe for a nice hatch to swap one day