newbie here...2000 civic LX sedan

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey everyone...awesome site....was looking for a site for 6th gen civics and i found this one...i just have 1 newbie questions... i just purchased new 6x9 rear speakers for my car, and new 6 1/2 for the front...but im lookin for an installation guide...does anyone know where i can get one with pictures?

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
install guide????

just take the old ones out, and replace with new ones... thats my guess...

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "position..eh"

install guide????

just take the old ones out, and replace with new ones... thats my guess...
i know...but its not that easy...i was looking at it...and its not that simple...i was hoping some1 knew a site or something...i have a manual for the front speakers but not the back...i hope some1 can help cuz i dont want to pay $40 to get them installed

97civicnation

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ARE YOU GONNA RUN THEM WITH AN AMP OR JUST OFF YOUR DECK?

panuwat

Lost Honda
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
taking the speakers out of the rear is gonna be a b***h.. for me it took two people and about 2 hours.. it was my first time and i f**ked up one of my rear seats.. anyways, you take off the rear seats, then take both rear side panels out (the black plastic), then take off the back side panel and take out the speakers.. hook up the wires.. bla bla.. there are a few things you need like a ratchet, and a flat head philips screwdriver.. sorry i know the instructions are pretty vague (i've got to be getting to school in about 5 minutes), but once you see what's connected to what, you'll get the idea.. good luck with that..

better to pay the $40 to save the trouble and stress.. i got so pissed after i installed it, but i guess its my first time.. next time i'll do better. just make sure you have all the screws taken out, and those tricky black ones you have to break off..

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "panuwat"

taking the speakers out of the rear is gonna be a b***h.. for me it took two people and about 2 hours.. it was my first time and i f**ked up one of my rear seats.. anyways, you take off the rear seats, then take both rear side panels out (the black plastic), then take off the back side panel and take out the speakers.. hook up the wires.. bla bla.. there are a few things you need like a ratchet, and a flat head philips screwdriver.. sorry i know the instructions are pretty vague (i've got to be getting to school in about 5 minutes), but once you see what's connected to what, you'll get the idea.. good luck with that..

better to pay the $40 to save the trouble and stress.. i got so pissed after i installed it, but i guess its my first time.. next time i'll do better. just make sure you have all the screws taken out, and those tricky black ones you have to break off..
thanks...i think im gonna head over to circuit city cuz its $50 there...and they warrenty it...thanks alot guys!

im gonna run if off my stock wiring....then im gonna add an amp for the speakers later...and since circuit city will do the amp wiring and everything...im set

thanks alot guys...im gonna post up pix after i get it hooked up

ITRxCiViCxRcRx64

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Aye sup Deval.. Couldn't help but notice that u gota 00 Civic LX Sedan.. shitt thought i was the only one.. Good SHitt Good Shitt. Also a newbie.. Aye wut else did u do to ur car

deval

Sprint/Nextel Geek
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nothing much just yet...the taillights, new hyper-whites and hyper-blue bulbs, the JVC system, the dash trim, thats about it...will do exterior next, after i get the DVD and 7" TV installed