Newbie to the forum with a question

HeavyEquipTech

Helol all,

Been a while since I have joined a forum so I apologies in advance if I didn't post this in the right area/ and or my post is too long . Just a quick tid bit about myself. I am a heavy equipment mechanic who trys to take care of my own personal vehicles rather than going to dealers to spend time and $$$. In the past I have found forums with great people to be very helpful with answering questions/ and guiding me through tests. I hope to utilize this forum for help while also contributing what I know aswell. That being said, i have a little delema with my girlfriends 2007 civic with the 1.8l that is throwing a P1070 IMRC code.
I couldn't seem to find and information via google about this code with civics specifically but more so with Honda crvs. I was hopeful someone on here would know a little more about that component/ system on the civic and be able to guide me into the right direction for correcting the problem. I have already performed a IMRC soleniod function test and it is switching on and off. The car seems to idle and drive fine, I was curious if there is a problem with the vacuum or the valve is stuck. I sincerely apologies for the lengthy post/introduction. Any help is great!

HeavyEquipTech

Thank you boohoo for your fast reply. I work a pretty hectic schedule at work which makes it hard to find time to go on the computer. That being said, thank you for the service manual link. I ended up finding a broken wire at the connector for the IMRC. Spliced it and cleared the code. So far so good