Newbie turbo q's

rkJDM

I just recently turboed my 94 d16z6 vtec civic and am wondering if theres anything i can do short of getting a tune-able ecu to stop the manifold pressure high input code coming on. I have found a aftermarket map sensor that can read upto 2.5 BAR would that be my solution? Im only boosting 6 psi now.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If ur turboed and haven't got tuned and have no plans to get tuned, then ur an idiot...

spad3dEK

5+ Year Member
If ur turboed and haven't got tuned and have no plans to get tuned, then ur an idiot...
Agreed.. i drove for a week with out a tune and it is SO MUCH DIFFERENT with a tune... besides the powergain just the over all effects

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
people still drive a car untuned? its f**king 2011 for christ sake

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Agreed.. i drove for a week with out a tune and it is SO MUCH DIFFERENT with a tune... besides the powergain just the over all effects
its not so much the power gains. its the dependability of the motor.

OP. you should have had that thing tuned day one after you were done. driving an untuned boosted motor is just a recipe for disaster. even on 6 psi.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Man... I thought people were bad when it comes to cheaping out on suspension with eBay garbage. But driving untuned with a turbo? Really?

20civiclx02

20civiclx02
im not saying critisism is bad, but one or two posts saying "your an idiot" is plenty. after that it's just redundant.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
simple answer: go to http://www.xenocron.com/ get a p28 chipped for your general map and find a reputable tuner in the area...

OR

get ready to build another motor in 5-10 weeks because it will blow up.

@20civiclx02
sometimes someone needs to know that the modding community agreed as a whole that his idea is a bad one.

driving a car that you know should be tuned and isn't is a terrible idea and he knows it as well.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
noob or not no one should turbo a motor without the knowledge of everything before hopping into it.

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you've done enough research to turbo your car I'm sure you know that you SHOULD tune it right away.

If you don't, all the hard work you put into your car will go to waste.

rkJDM

ya, I have been researching a lot and have found that it is a very bad idea to not have a tune. And yes I do have a fuel pressure regulator. My car is sitting at the shop and will not move untill I get a tune, and well I'm at it I'm gonna upgrade injectors, fuel rail, and fuel pump. Just hope it doesn't snow before im done.

rkJDM

So I think Im gonna go with the S300 hondata ecu and RC 550cc injectors. But I'm not sure what fuel pump to get. How high of an LPH rating do I need to go? I was looking at walbro 190 and 255 LPH fuel pumps, I'm not sure what LPH I Need. The max psi I'm going to run the turbo at is 8.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no need to waste money on a fuel rail, your stock one should be ok
190 or 255lph will be good..either one is fine..can always just get a 255 incase you ever want to expand your air/fuel ratio and think you'll need it