newerson to the site

brownbear24

im new to this site, but it seems like people are cooler here on other Civic forums. Im kinda new to civics,but im picking up a 90 civic si, with no rust and a buill d16z6. I wanna redo the suspension like coilovers, lcas camber kits everything, money isnt a factor, but i dont wanna spend 2g on coilovers -_- so any suggestions would be awesome, and if there are any other reccomended upgrades, let me know.

emerican

Registered VIP
Welcome to the site
WHat do you mean by built whats the specs on the motor mod list?

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Brown bear, brown bear what do you see?
I see a red bird, looking at me!

Red bird, red bird, what do you see?
I see a yellow duck, looking at me!

Sorry...I used to be a teacher. Welcome to the site..

brownbear24

i just upgrade the suspension more than anything when i get it. ill do some bolts ons and stuff down the road, but right now i dont make that kinda money.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

$2000 on coilovers? What kind of coilovers are you buying, ones made out of gold? Function and Form Type I's are a very popular choice for people on a budget that still want a great performing coilover. They only cost around $700. Another popular setup and better performing setup is Ground Control sleeves on Koni Yellow shocks and that I believe that is around the $1000 range.

19+mm rear sway bar + subframe reinforcement brace on top of lowering will greatly increase handling capabilities as well. And you can't forget about tires. They're the only things that keep you gripped on the road so good summer tires are a high recommendation as well.

brownbear24

i was saying i dont wanna spend that much on coilovers, like ive seen D2 racing ones that were that much. What about skunk2? i have seen deals on ebay where they have skunk2,coilovers,camber kits (front and rear) for like 1100? what kinda tires? like what size and width?

emerican

Registered VIP
john not sure why but your sig thing is broken nuthin but red box on this thread anyway

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i was saying i dont wanna spend that much on coilovers, like ive seen D2 racing ones that were that much. What about skunk2? i have seen deals on ebay where they have skunk2,coilovers,camber kits (front and rear) for like 1100? what kinda tires? like what size and width?
I wouldn't go with Skunk2 coilovers. I see more and more people going against them. I'd recommend Progress CS-II's, Function & Form, Ground Control / Koni...TEIN isn't bad either AFAIK. Lowering springs and shocks isn't a bad setup either as long as you pick good shocks. Springs really just depend on how low you want to go.

Tires? Depends on what your goals. Strictly summer tires? 3 come to mind: Yokohama S. Drive, Khumo XS, and Dunlop Star Specs. The last 2 are more extreme tires compared to the S. Drives. I have the S. Drives now and are content with them, although I want something stickier. Tire size depends on your wheel size and offset and how low you are.

john not sure why but your sig thing is broken nuthin but red box on this thread anyway
It works fine for me :what:.

brownbear24

Alriht ill look into that..what about other parts like lcas and camber kits? I'm gonna lower it about a 1 in maybe 1.5 inchs..icant go to low cause of where I live..but iwanna put 17s on it?

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
before you start dumping your money into your car make sure you have all the security measures completed. alarm with rremote and pager, all the accessories you can get, tilt sensor, hood sensor, back up battery. clutch lock. and if you can afford a pop up steering wheel. cuz if your car ever gets stolen then you could kiss all your mods good bye.

brownbear24

Alright ill look into that. I'm gnna lower it about an 1 maybe 1.5 cause of where I live.but iwanna put 17s on it? And what about other susension upgrades camber kits,lcas strut bars?