nine's hacked hatch

nine

well ive figured since this car is bout to turn into a major project it was time to start a build thread to document it. i have a 91 hatch, ls motor, ls trans, tons of bolt ons, and tons of headaches. car came with a gutted da dash witch i found upon removal was simply ziptied in place so that along with the wiring harness is the first order of business. so far the only things ive done to the car are replace the nonmatching wheels with steelies for now, 14x5 with 175/65...pizza cutters lol, and wrap the rattle-canned hood it came with in stickerbomb vinyl because stickers add horsepower eveyone knows this.

so heres the list of future plans
STEP 1 = un hacked, clean, and daily drivable.

da dash swap wfactory gauges and controls done right with minimal trimming and custom mounts so it will actually bolt in and be serviceble. ill post pics as it goes together.

da headlight to tailight harness, for ease of service in the future i like the idea of a full da setup so i can use my integra shematic

15x8 wheels w 205-55's

EVERYTHING on the engine converted back to stock...for awhile anyways lol.

and finally remove cage and install full interior.

STEP 2 daily drivable street TERROR!!

darton sleeves
9.5-1 compression?? forged pistons
forged rods
titanium valves, springs, retainers,
undecided on cams atm, want somthing streetable tho
silver surfer turbo
undicieded on manni, would like to add ac if possible tho
p28 with jumper? have to find a tuning shop aswell to see who supports what as idk if i want hondata or neptune yet.
full race traction bar
cusco bolt in cage
quife lsd
re-paint (same color without all the fisheyes lol)
ls rear trailing arms with disc brake
better coilovers

obviously i gotta lot more to figure out, cooling, fuel system, intcooler, bov ect. open to suggestions. i would like to achieve 450hp on high boost but possibly run a 2nd tune for low boost dd as itll be my primary vehicle during the summer and may also be occasionaly loaned to a 19yo girl when i do repairs on her car so streetable is a MUST.

nine

thats atleast 100hp added right there lol

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
not a fan of the stickers, but it sounds like you have a pretty fun and solid build.

nine

not a fan of the stickers, but it sounds like you have a pretty fun and solid build.
thanks, and stickers were a temporay fix till i paint the car. better than the spray painted hood it came with lol.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mmmmm boosted LS's are fun! Mine is tuned on Neptune... it was a little bit cheaper lol.

For cooling, I have a Mishimoto slim fan and rad, and had no issues. I was only running ~250whp though.

For a fuel system you'd probably be okay with a Walbro 255. For injectors, take a look at Injector Dynamics. I switched from DSM bluetops to their 725's (no resistor box needed), and haven't had any issues at all:
http://injectordynamics.com/injectors/id725/

Looks clean for a 91 too! This should be an exciting build for sure!

nine

Mmmmm boosted LS's are fun! Mine is tuned on Neptune... it was a little bit cheaper lol.

For cooling, I have a Mishimoto slim fan and rad, and had no issues. I was only running ~250whp though.

For a fuel system you'd probably be okay with a Walbro 255. For injectors, take a look at Injector Dynamics. I switched from DSM bluetops to their 725's (no resistor box needed), and haven't had any issues at all:
http://injectordynamics.com/injectors/id725/

Looks clean for a 91 too! This should be an exciting build for sure!
thanks, the car already has an aeromotive adjustable regulator (porly mounted causing a horible kink in hose) and a venom fuel rail w pressure guage. and its been a track car since the late 90's so it didnt see winters. being as clean as it was made it easy to overlook its issues. finding a clean ef in the "rustbelt" is like finding bigfoot, not likely to happen lol.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Haha, dude you're telling me. I've been trying to find a rust free shell up here without costing an arm and a leg... damn near impossible.

nine

same here ive seen clean shells go for more than i paid for my car i talked him down to $1000 let him keep the nitrous kit and 5 point race harness. considering it came a with running ls & hassport mounts i figured even if i replaced everything else on the car im still ahead of the game.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I will keep an eye on your progress. I had a street-reliable boosted ls/vtec for years so I'll try to throw some pointers your way if I get the opportunity. Good luck!

nine

I will keep an eye on your progress. I had a street-reliable boosted ls/vtec for years so I'll try to throw some pointers your way if I get the opportunity. Good luck!
thanks that would be greatly appreciated :D