Ninja 250R

falcon

uber noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey, just wondering if anyone on CC has one of these babies.

i'm tempted to buy one for the heck of it. seems like the perfect beginner's bike...

insurance quotes for a 21 year old?

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've thought about it as a cheap fun commuter

TomTomTuning

PhotoG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If i were to get a bike, it would definitly be something like that.

And at $3,500, that isnt to bad at all.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Great starter/commuter bike. They are really fun bikes too.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have a friend that has one. He loves it. It is his first bike as well.

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i want one to blast around the backroads on because they are so nimble. id rather a suzuki sv650s with gsxr forks and brakes though for abotu 4gs

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the only thing about those is that there is a waiting list, 70 mpg sounds nice to me

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they're not bad, but make sure if you buy it, its just a commuter bike, like if your debating between a scooter or a 250r, get the 250r....i had the older kind, it was my first bike, never rode before that....after 2 weeks, it started the seem slow and i wanted a faster bike, and the gearing was bad if you wanted to go over 50mph...at 50mph, i was in 6th gear at about 5500 rpms

luckily i only bought it for 300 bucks, and ended up selling for 1200 =)

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea, there GREAT starter bikes. lets you feel the power of a motorcycle without the danger of overkill lol.

so hell yea man, get all over it. ive ridden the 600R, but it felt like the ass always wanted to slide out. could just be my riding style.

clifford_05

Rockin the d-series
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah Ive read alot about the ninja 250r and they get great gas mileage so would be decent for a commuter bike and a beginner bike.. Ive really considered gettin one here lately just to have a cheap, good lookin bike to kinda mess around on.. And being $3500 is a really good price.. They dont have tons of top end power, but they'll go atleast 80mphs even with a heavier rider which is fast enough.. And being that its a 250 I would say the insurance would be alot cheaper since it doesnt have as much power as the other bikes.. Oh and Ive also heard they handle really good in the twisties if thats something you might wanna get into..

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
...at 50mph, i was in 6th gear at about 5500 rpms
:???:

So,

It's got a 14,000 rpm redline. 5500 is nothing.

My 400 also had a 14,000 rpm redline, 50 mph was 5000 rpm in sixth, 60 @6000 etc...Made it a little buzzy but nothing that bad.

I love the 250 Ninja because I can ride it 10/10ths WFO, and I do not:

A) attract too much cop attention

B) Instantly place myself in a "OH s**t I"M GONNA' DIE! situation.

I'd honestly rather have the 250 Ninjette than a GS500F.
Nothing against the bulletproof 'zook. It's engine makes a boatload more torque than the Kawi. But it is an old 2 valve aircooled design from the '70s. The 'zook will walk away from the baby Kawi but the Ninjette is more fun to twist the throttle on.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It is without a doubt the best beginner bike. I started out on a 07' 250R. Insurance is way cheaper compared to other bikes thats for sure. Look for a used one, they're usually all over the place.

jon julian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for 3500 you might as well get a used 600.

personally i think that 250 is one of the weakest bikes ive ever seen.

600cc bike is great for a beginner and then some for smaller expiriance riders.....

i plan on buying a used 2006+ R6 to daily on ridable days (conditions permiting) to work more on the car and use it on wet/windy days.

my 2cents.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

600cc bike is great for a beginner and then some for smaller expiriance riders.....

my 2cents.
:lol:

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

i plan on buying a used 2006+ R6 to daily on ridable days (conditions permiting) to work more on the car and use it on wet/windy days.

my 2cents.
this is why there are so many bike accidents and fatalities....

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

my 2cents.
an R6 for your first bike?

I love watching a squid on an R6 get smoked by a CBR600F2 or worse, a 600 Katana.:lol::bluelol:

jon julian said:
No, that would be the Honda Nighthawk 250....and it will still beat over half the cars on this forum to 55 mph