nintendo wii

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Eran said:
f**k Nintendo and their money-grubbing ways.
he says after Microsoft rolls out a $500 system...

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm buying it.... And I'm probably not getting the PS3 or 360...

Its a cheap, innovative, amazingly backward compatible, nicely stylized, powerfull console....

You will actually be able to download old Original Nintendo and SNES games to the console.... Thats awesome...

And if any of you have seen Red Steel and the new Zelda in action, you know that the controller will work wonderfull....

Too elaborate.... In Zelda you actually have to make the motion of pulling back the bow when you want to fire it, and using the speaker INSIDE of the controller you actually hear the bow being pulled and "snapping" (for lack of a better word) into place.... In Red Steel you fight with a sword using the motion sensor in pretty amazing realism.... With the inclusion of a built in microphone on the controller there are a TON of possibilities for games.... And you won't have to buy any more extensions for the controller then normal... ;)

Also, I may be wrong, but I heard that they are working on a way for you to be able to hook up a Wavebird to it for older games, or some games that don't utilize the motion sensor/mic/speaker....

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Zenray said:
Sony's controller getting motion sensing features i mean. They know that nintendo has a good idea going
actually, the motion sensing features is the #1 reason that i and a a large number of other people will not be buying the wii....

worst controller EVAR!!!!!!111Oneoneone

when i'm playin video games i'm trying to relax, the last thing i want to have to do is wave my arms around like a retard

Liz

c=}:::::::>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
when i'm playin video games i'm trying to relax, the last thing i want to have to do is wave my arms around like a retard
Some one is going to get an eye put out and then sue Nintendo.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
actually, the motion sensing features is the #1 reason that i and a a large number of other people will not be buying the wii....

f**king word.

Maiku

What's up my Ninja?!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Liz said:
Some one is going to get an eye put out and then sue Nintendo.
That would have to be one stupid mother f**ker ...... :lol:

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:

I'm pretty sure once you start playing it a little bit you may change your attitude.... ;)

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nintendo is the only company to try anything innovative with next-gen consoles. The weapon manipulation for Red Steel alone is enough for me to get it. Not to mention the cheaper than PS3 and 360 factor. The 360 and PS3 are the same old console with better graphics, nothing more.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
42Steps said:
I'm pretty sure once you start playing it a little bit you may change your attitude.... ;)
\

you'd be wrong with that assupmption

if this was a feature that applied to a few games on the system my story might be changing... but to be the standard for the vast majority if not all games... yeah, i'll skip that consol thank you very much, it doesnt interest me what so ever

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
First console I bought was the cube, and only really got that as somenoe already said for the Resident Evil games, and of course mariokart. that double dash kicks ass

Gotta remember that nintendo is not going for the same gamnig market as Playstion or Xbox, they're after the younger crowd, for the most part. Gotta give it to them for trying something new, and innovative. hey, who knows, could be the next big thing........or it could be the next power glove

TheWingMang

Good news everyone!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Reps from Sony praised the controller and said it worked great. They love it.

I was reading that with one of Nintendo's earlier consoles, they gave it some horrible ridiculous name (as bad as wii), just to generate buzz, get everybody talking; then changed the name right before release to something better. They're likely doing it again. It's working, isn't it?

The ability to download all the old games will be its saving grace. If I buy one that'll be why

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
\

you'd be wrong with that assupmption

if this was a feature that applied to a few games on the system my story might be changing... but to be the standard for the vast majority if not all games... yeah, i'll skip that consol thank you very much, it doesnt interest me what so ever
Pretty sure, and may.... Never said you WOULD... I just want everyone to save their criticism until they actually play it.... :what:

Maiku

What's up my Ninja?!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did you sony fanboys know that the new PS3 controller has motion sensors in it? yeah ... who's takin' notes from who? :roll:

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
42Steps said:
Pretty sure, and may.... Never said you WOULD... I just want everyone to save their criticism until they actually play it.... :what:
the actual game play wont matter to me, i dont care if it's a flawless and amazing motion sensor technology that essentially turns the game into a vr consol.... i dont wanna have to do that kinda s**t to play a video game :what:

imo sony has the right idea... it's gonna take the technology and incorperate it for certain specialty games that come out while the vast majority of their games are going to be relying on the good ol' relaxing standard consol controller

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
TheWingMang said:
I was reading that with one of Nintendo's earlier consoles, they gave it some horrible ridiculous name (as bad as wii), just to generate buzz, get everybody talking; then changed the name right before release to something better. They're likely doing it again. It's working, isn't it?
The wii is the new name. It used to be called the revolution

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MasterShake said:
sigh i miss my 64, 007 golden eye ftw!
dood im teh s**t on the goldeneye! i miss that so much. i had a gameshark for it...and id play the runway map...the dudes wouldnt stop comin! you get out on the runway and they would keep comin. i got in the tank and blew em away. i would do it for hours on end!

TheWingMang

Good news everyone!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
The wii is the new name. It used to be called the revolution
I know. Doesn't mean they won't change it back. I'm just saying it happened before. It works, I heard a lot more about it since they changed the name.

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think the system over all looks very interesting.... I was a little dissapointed with the game cube, but even it would have been a very decent system if they could have gotten the game developers to back it like they have Sony and Microsoft.

I will probably get it, if not just for the Metroid 3 games, and the new Zelda games..... I got my first Nintendo when I was 5... I've had every nintendo system since... and even have one installed in my car and play my old nintedo systems like a mad man.

I was very irritated when the price of the 360 was $500+... only game I even play for my xbox anymore is the Halo series... the only thing I really play anymore on my PS2 is the grand theft auto series.... the 360 isn't that much better to be worth the extra $250 (over the original $250 xbox and ps2 price), and I don't think the PS3 will be either....

The Wii offers something new, wi-fi capabilities built in with automatic game patching and updating, new type of control that I'm eager to try, and best of all... the ability to download and play ANY Nintendo game EVER developed, and selections from old Sega systems.... What more could I ask for? I can't freakin' wait!

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Meh, if you want to play all the old games, just get an Xbox and have it modded. From what i know it should be able to handle any platform right up to the ole Nintendo 64